Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Re: Technet Briefing

Re: Technet Briefing

Neil

"=?Utf-8?B?U2FuZHdvcm0=?=" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
in news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Has anyone been to one of these before? I'm going to my first one
> tommorrow and was wondering if I should bring a pillow? Hopefully
> it'll be chock full o' useful information, but I was wondering if any

of
> you have been to one before and if you'd relate your experience and
> impressions.
>
> Thanks,
> Ed
> aka Sandworm

they're ok. they are usually just a show and tell of new tech. looks like
SMS and MOM (I assume you are going to the Toronto show) will be the big
items tomorrow. I wont be there (on the down side for you<grin>) but,
hey, it's a free t-shirt

--
Neil MCNGP #30

=?Utf-8?B?U2FuZHdvcm0=?=

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
> Has anyone been to one of these before? I'm going to my first one
> tommorrow and was wondering if I should bring a pillow? Hopefull
> it'll be chock full o' useful information, but I was wondering if any of
> you have been to one before and if you'd relate your experience an
> impressions.
>> Thanks,

> aka Sandwor

they're ok. they are usually just a show and tell of new tech. looks like
SMS and MOM (I assume you are going to the Toronto show) will be the big
items tomorrow. I wont be there (on the down side for you<grin>) but,
hey, it's a free t-shir

--
Neil MCNGP #3
"you'd do what, to who, for how many biscuits?

Neil,
Actually I'm in Orlando, FL (Low wage capital of the world, yahoo),
I thought it'd be a good one to go to as I'm working on my 70-22
and the second session of the morning is "Exchange 2003 — Recovery
and Preparedness Strategies". I know it won't apply to my 70-22
so much but I'm gonna need to upgrade to 2003 eventually and
I need to go ahead and start networking with some locals anyway.

First of the morning is "Microsoft Virtual PC 2004 Technical Overview

I'm looking forward to the t-shirt now though

Thanks for the heads up,
Ed Wallick (6down1togo
aka sandworm

LnkWizard

At the last two I attended they were even nice enough to give out
Not For Resale copies of Office 2003.

---
LnkWizard MCNGP 2^5

---

"Sandworm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
> > Has anyone been to one of these before? I'm going to my first one
> > tommorrow and was wondering if I should bring a pillow? Hopefully
> > it'll be chock full o' useful information, but I was wondering if any

of
> > you have been to one before and if you'd relate your experience and
> > impressions.
> >> Thanks,

> > Ed
> > aka Sandworm
> >

> they're ok. they are usually just a show and tell of new tech. looks

like
> SMS and MOM (I assume you are going to the Toronto show) will be the

big
> items tomorrow. I wont be there (on the down side for you<grin>) but,
> hey, it's a free t-shirt
>
> --
> Neil MCNGP #30
>

> Neil,
> Actually I'm in Orlando, FL (Low wage capital of the world, yahoo),
> I thought it'd be a good one to go to as I'm working on my 70-224
> and the second session of the morning is "Exchange 2003 - Recovery
> and Preparedness Strategies". I know it won't apply to my 70-224
> so much but I'm gonna need to upgrade to 2003 eventually and
> I need to go ahead and start networking with some locals anyway.
>
> First of the morning is "Microsoft Virtual PC 2004 Technical Overview"
>
> I'm looking forward to the t-shirt now though!
>
> Thanks for the heads up,
> Ed Wallick (6down1togo)
> aka sandworm

Michael San Filippo

Sandworm - im going to that one also - at Waterford Lakes?
"LnkWizard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> At the last two I attended they were even nice enough to give out
> Not For Resale copies of Office 2003.

> ---
> LnkWizard MCNGP 2^5
>
> "He who does not test himself is worthless indeed"

> ---
>

> "Sandworm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
> > > Has anyone been to one of these before? I'm going to my first one
> > > tommorrow and was wondering if I should bring a pillow? Hopefully
> > > it'll be chock full o' useful information, but I was wondering if any

> of
> > > you have been to one before and if you'd relate your experience and
> > > impressions.
> > > Ed
> > > aka Sandworm
> > >

> > they're ok. they are usually just a show and tell of new tech.

looks
> like
> > SMS and MOM (I assume you are going to the Toronto show) will be

the
> big
> > items tomorrow. I wont be there (on the down side for you<grin>)

but,
> > hey, it's a free t-shirt
> >
> > --
> > Neil MCNGP #30
> > "you'd do what, to who, for how many biscuits?"
> >

> > Neil,
> > Actually I'm in Orlando, FL (Low wage capital of the world, yahoo),
> > I thought it'd be a good one to go to as I'm working on my 70-224
> > and the second session of the morning is "Exchange 2003 - Recovery
> > and Preparedness Strategies". I know it won't apply to my 70-224
> > so much but I'm gonna need to upgrade to 2003 eventually and
> > I need to go ahead and start networking with some locals anyway.
> >
> > First of the morning is "Microsoft Virtual PC 2004 Technical Overview"
> >
> > I'm looking forward to the t-shirt now though!
> >
> > Thanks for the heads up,
> > Ed Wallick (6down1togo)
> > aka sandworm

=?Utf-8?B?U2FuZHdvcm0=?=

----- Michael San Filippo wrote: ----

>> Sandworm - im going to that one also - at Waterford Lakes

Michael,

Yep, that's the one, maybe we should stick around after it's over
for a free movie?

It'll be nice to meet ya,
Ed Wallic
aka sandwor

Vernon

They also gave out "Microsoft Security Encyclopedia by Mitch Tulloch" ..Not
bad when you add all these goodies together.....

"Sandworm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> ----- Michael San Filippo wrote: -----
>
> >> Sandworm - im going to that one also - at Waterford Lakes?

> Michael,
>
> Yep, that's the one, maybe we should stick around after it's over
> for a free movie?
>
> It'll be nice to meet ya,
> Ed Wallick
> aka sandworm

Michael San Filippo

Hey man, sorry I didnt get back to ya in time - would have loved it

Which Seminars did you go to?

"Sandworm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> ----- Michael San Filippo wrote: -----
>
> >> Sandworm - im going to that one also - at Waterford Lakes?

> Michael,
>
> Yep, that's the one, maybe we should stick around after it's over
> for a free movie?
>
> It'll be nice to meet ya,
> Ed Wallick
> aka sandworm

=?Utf-8?B?U2FuZHdvcm0=?=

>>----- Michael San Filippo wrote: ----

>> Hey man, sorry I didnt get back to ya in time - would have loved i

>> Which Seminars did you go to

I went to
>>"Exchange 2003 — Recovery and Preparedness Strategies
>>"Microsoft Virtual PC 2004 Technical Overview

The two morning lecture's, it was good, there was some good info,
though I didn't get nearly the goodies some of these guys talked about.
But I did get the free t-shirt, so it wasn't a total wash. Apparently
Microsoft is giving all the really good stuff to people in India so they can
get all the jobs that are being sent off-shore, per Neil in the attached
post.

Too bad they don't seem to appreciate the Americans that
are spending so much money and time getting their MCSE. Apparentl
we don't even rate the importance to get the 30% discount, becaus
as everyone knows we Americans have money to burn, I'm sure my
wife and kids will be glad to know that.

Hopefully, braindumpers and the current offshore situation won't
have made this last 13 months I've spent getting my MCSE a waste
I believe when I do get my next cert it's going to be CCNA, no need to
be completely "Micro-centric" if their not going to show any extraordinar
loyalty to the US market when it was this country that made M$ what
they are today, I mean even with their huge budget surplus, ($60 billion,
that's with a B:
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...it_cuts_5their cutting)
their own employee's medical benefits and diverting the additional
costs to their own workers?

Thanks for checking in though, hope to catch you at another one.
Ed, aka Sandwor

>>posted by Neil re: sort of OT:what will they give nex

>>So for some other NG I dig out the MS learning page for India, which is
>>at: http://www.microsoft.com/india/learning/default.asp
>>and I see they are now giving away watches for the first 200 MCDBAs and
>>500 MCSA/E +security. and this after the 30% off exams

>>What's next? new bikes for MCSE+Messaging? chicken tika for an MCSD? MS
>>is driving me nuts! HP this year informed me that I have been a Compaq
>>ASE for 5 years. (that's right they took the time to send me an e-mail
>>regarding this. sure it was automated and I put in my own friggin' addy,
>>just like I did with MS, but they sent the e-mail). and in this e-mail
>>they tell me to go to whatever site to pick up my gift. WHAT?!?!?! yes a
>>free gift, a watch. quite nice really as I look at it on my wrist. Cisco
>>gave me a dust buster and a CD player. 3Com gave me a Palm V, a leather
>>jacket, a watch for my wife and cash for a bunch of sales related exams.
>>HP has given me a Leatherman pocket knife for passing certs. And for
>>being Microsoft Certified for 8 years I get...to see they are giving away
>>wrist watches to Indians (dot not feather)

>>--
>>Neil MCNGP #30 WHERE IS MY STUFF
>>"you'd do what, to who, for how many biscuits?

=?Utf-8?B?U2FuZHdvcm0=?=

Sorry I screwed up that url it's actually,
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor..._benefit_cuts_

Check it out, it's just sad to see.

Neil

"=?Utf-8?B?U2FuZHdvcm0=?=" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
in news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Apparently
> Microsoft is giving all the really good stuff to people in India so
> they can get all the jobs that are being sent off-shore, per Neil in
> the attached post.

BUT I'M NOT BITTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--
Neil MCNGP #30

2006 LG's Holiday of Style Product Briefing Silverstrand Front Page News 0 10-26-2006 09:24 PM
Helpforce Daily Briefing Service Helpforce Computer Information 0 03-20-2006 04:28 PM
Seagate 2005 Technology Briefing Silverstrand Front Page News 1 07-13-2005 05:17 AM
Technet Admin Install ghow MCSE 1 08-01-2003 01:04 PM
MS Technet Subscribtion is it worth? Monitor MCSE 0 07-02-2003 05:58 AM

Advertisments