Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Latest sharpening and noise reducing software

Latest sharpening and noise reducing software

John Smith

Been outa the loop for a year... What's the latest software for the above?
Anything new?

DP

Yoshi

"John Smith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c6931$460b0e11$401855b5$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> Been outa the loop for a year... What's the latest software for the above?
> Anything new?
>
> DP

For sharpening, I've had good results with a program called Focus Magic:
www.focusmagic.com
For noise, I still like PictureCode's Noise Ninja:
http://www.picturecode.com/

I'm not sure if these are the latest, but they have been working well for
me.

Yoshi

Ken Lucke

In article <460c10aa$0$17169$(E-Mail Removed)>, Yoshi
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "John Smith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:c6931$460b0e11$401855b5$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> > Been outa the loop for a year... What's the latest software for the above?
> > Anything new?

Noiseware Professional
http://www.imagenomic.com/

Nik Sharpener Pro 2.0
http://www.niksoftware.com/sharpenerpro/usa/entry.php

....and for enlarging/reducing,
Alien Skin Blow Up - I find it's even better than Genuine Fractals.
http://www.alienskin.com/blowup/index.html

independence.
-- Charles A. Beard

David Dyer-Bennet

Yoshi wrote:
> "John Smith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:c6931$460b0e11$401855b5$(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> Been outa the loop for a year... What's the latest software for the above?
>> Anything new?
>>
>> DP

> For sharpening, I've had good results with a program called Focus Magic:
> www.focusmagic.com
> For noise, I still like PictureCode's Noise Ninja:
> http://www.picturecode.com/
>
> I'm not sure if these are the latest, but they have been working well for
> me.

Interesting, and exactly the pair I'm using for those functions. You
must be very smart !

But, like you, I have no idea of the state of the competition, so,
really, my data point is worth not so much.

ray

On Wed, 28 Mar 2007 20:53:35 -0400, John Smith wrote:

> Been outa the loop for a year... What's the latest software for the above?
> Anything new?
>
> DP

noise ninja is, according to many, the gold standard.

John Smith

"ray" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Wed, 28 Mar 2007 20:53:35 -0400, John Smith wrote:
>
>> Been outa the loop for a year... What's the latest software for the
>> above?
>> Anything new?
>>
>> DP

> noise ninja is, according to many, the gold standard.

I bought that one last year, but am wondering if there are any new
developments/approaches out there.

DP

forgetonlymemory@gmail.com

On Mar 29, 12:14 pm, "Yoshi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> "John Smith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:c6931$460b0e11$401855b5$(E-Mail Removed).. .
>
> > Been outa the loop for a year... What's the latest software for the above?
> > Anything new?

> > DP

> For sharpening, I've had good results with a program called Focus Magic:www.focusmagic.com
> For noise, I still like PictureCode's Noise Ninja:http://www.picturecode.com/
>
> I'm not sure if these are the latest, but they have been working well for
> me.
>
> Yoshi

There are several excellent sharpening filters in PD Pro, and some
awesome ones too in the blurring department.

http://www.thebest3d.com/dogwaffle/demozone has a demo version, try
it out (PC only, use with Parallels for Mac and Windows if you're on
MacIntel). I've had comments from Photoshop users saying that they
prefer to use the resample and sharpen tools found in Project
Dogwaffle Professional. I don't use Photoshop so I don't know really
how different they are. Irfanview is another one I use. www.irfanview.com
- very fast.

Here's a composition I just did in PD Pro: http://www.thebest3d.com/music/returntostonehenge
- some parts of photos and 3D reconstructions and some is painted and
post work filters, lens flares,...