Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > using radio button option in a repeater control

using radio button option in a repeater control

Milsnips

hi there,

i have a repeater which returns me a list of addresses in each repeaterItem
row.
at the end of each row i have a radiobutton, which i want the user to select
the "active" address.

However when i try selecting a radiobutton it does not deselect the others
in the repeater. I tried adding a "GroupName" property but it still doesnt
work.

I dont want to use the radiobuttonlist as i'm showing the addresses in a
table format.

Any help appreciated
thanks,
Paul

Thomas Hansen

On Mar 28, 6:04 pm, "Milsnips" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> hi there,
>
> i have a repeater which returns me a list of addresses in each repeaterItem
> row.
> at the end of each row i have a radiobutton, which i want the user to select
> the "active" address.
>
> However when i try selecting a radiobutton it does not deselect the others
> in the repeater. I tried adding a "GroupName" property but it still doesnt
> work.
>
> I dont want to use the radiobuttonlist as i'm showing the addresses in a
> table format.

In general terms you have to have the RadioButtons inside the SAME
(HTML) ELEMENT to be able to have them being part of the same group...

Thomas

--
http://ajaxwidgets.com
ASP.NET 2.0 Ajax Widgets

Latish Sehgal

Actually, if you see the html source of the resultant page, you will
see that the radio buttons have different names inspite of assigning
the same group name.
Check out http://aspnet.4guysfromrolla.com/articles/122602-1.aspx
for a more detailed explanation.

Hope this helps.
Latish

Milsnips

Hi there,
yes i came across that problem and found a javascript solution to solve it.

thanks again,
Paul

news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...