Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > MCSE 2000 or 2003???

MCSE 2000 or 2003???

Edward Melvin U. Javier

Try to see if you can tackle the 2000 Exams, when you do, take the upgrade
exams for 2003. You may want to take 2003 exams individually but be careful
with the 294 Exam---VERY DIFFICULT to pass.

"TechGeekPro" <%username%@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Check this out: http://tinyurl.com/2ogsn
>
> --
> I may not be completely certified, but I am completely certifiable.
>
> "Jason P. Russell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > Hello all, I have a question that I hope you can give me some advice

on.
> > Here is the situation: I am on active duty in the US Navy and I

normally
> > work in a network administrator role even though I have no formal

> training.
> > The Navy, in there infinite wisdom, finally (after 5 years!) decided to

> send
> > me to a 2 month long network administrator school. The kicker is that

the
> > school uses curriculum for Microsoft 2000 version products and also

> Cisco's
> > CCNA curriculum. Here is the question, should I start studying for and
> > taking Microsoft's MCSE 2000 exams and then take the tests to upgrade to
> > 2003, or should I just study for and take the MCSE 2003 exams. Any

advice
> > you can give would be greatly appreciated. Please respond in the forum

> and
> > email me as I don't check newsgroups as much as I should.
> >
> > Jason P. Russell
> > http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

Rowdy Yates

"Edward Melvin U. Javier" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in

> Try to see if you can tackle the 2000 Exams, when you do, take the
> upgrade exams for 2003. You may want to take 2003 exams individually
> but be careful with the 294 Exam---VERY DIFFICULT to pass.

i did the 2000 track and the 2003 upgrades. the upgrade exams were actually
very easy.

--
Rowdy Yates, MCNGP #39
http://rowdy_yates2.tripod.com/

Neil

babbling on and on again Rowdy Yates <(E-Mail Removed)> spewed
in news:Xns9551ECD057859rowdyyates2123@207.46.248.16:

> the upgrade exams were actually
> very easy.

true

--
Neil MCNGP #30

Laura A. Robinson

circa Thu, 26 Aug 2004 20:01:24 -0400, in
microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Edward Melvin U. Javier (hrdwrker9
@hotmail.com) said,
> but be careful
> with the 294 Exam---VERY DIFFICULT to pass.

Good to know I set a high curve by taking the beta, then.

Laura
-Oscar Wilde

Rubber Steve

"Edward Melvin U. Javier" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Try to see if you can tackle the 2000 Exams, when you do, take the upgrade
> exams for 2003. You may want to take 2003 exams individually but be

careful
> with the 294 Exam---VERY DIFFICULT to pass.

Gimme a break. NOTHING on ANY Microsoft exam is calculus...

Rowdy Yates

"Rubber Steve" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:l3VXc.3572$(E-Mail Removed):

> "Edward Melvin U. Javier" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> Try to see if you can tackle the 2000 Exams, when you do, take the
>> upgrade exams for 2003. You may want to take 2003 exams individually
>> but be

> careful
>> with the 294 Exam---VERY DIFFICULT to pass.

> Gimme a break. NOTHING on ANY Microsoft exam is calculus...

well maybe he got stummped with the subnetting. i can see it being
difficult for someone new. wait until buddy attempts a CCNP. he he

--
Rowdy Yates, MCNGP #39
http://rowdy_yates2.tripod.com/

Cory Cote

Yes, I have been an MCSE trainer for 5 years now. I believe that if you
take an MCSE 2k would be more of an asset to you. Getting training in an
older version to me has always been more rewarding then new versions. It is
much easier to learn 2k3 if you have knowledge and experience with 2k.

Cory M. Cote, MCT, MCSE, MCSA, CNA, CNE, A+, N+, Server+

"Jason P. Russell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Hello all, I have a question that I hope you can give me some advice on.
> Here is the situation: I am on active duty in the US Navy and I normally
> work in a network administrator role even though I have no formal

training.
> The Navy, in there infinite wisdom, finally (after 5 years!) decided to

send
> me to a 2 month long network administrator school. The kicker is that the
> school uses curriculum for Microsoft 2000 version products and also

Cisco's
> CCNA curriculum. Here is the question, should I start studying for and
> taking Microsoft's MCSE 2000 exams and then take the tests to upgrade to
> 2003, or should I just study for and take the MCSE 2003 exams. Any advice
> you can give would be greatly appreciated. Please respond in the forum

and
> email me as I don't check newsgroups as much as I should.
>
> Jason P. Russell
> (E-Mail Removed)

Rowdy Yates

Yes. Older versions is good. Look for MS Wondows 2.0 training - thats
the best!

if you have trouble, go to

http://www.olderversions.com

RY