Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Which DVDRW to use with RD-XS32SU

Which DVDRW to use with RD-XS32SU

TomTech

I own a Toshiba RD-XS32SU DVR.

I can't seem to find a DVDRW that works with this machine.

I can watch any prerecorded disk I've Tried, but can't get any
recordable disk to even format. They all stop at about 39% with an
error.

My request is for anyone who has this model and has good luck
recording to pass one which DVDRW disks they are using.

Thanks For Any Help...

Tom

Geena Phillips

TomTech wrote:
> I own a Toshiba RD-XS32SU DVR.
>
> I can't seem to find a DVDRW that works with this machine.
>
> I can watch any prerecorded disk I've Tried, but can't get any
> recordable disk to even format. They all stop at about 39% with an
> error.
>
> My request is for anyone who has this model and has good luck
> recording to pass one which DVDRW disks they are using.

Have you tried both DVD-RW AND DVD+RW discs? If you've only tried one
kind, try the other and see if that helps.

Well, whaddaya know? War WAS the answer, after all. Go figure.

A lone Micronaut lost in a world of Star Wars action figures,
(The Excessively Parenthetical) Geena-- Worrier Princess

"Reciprocity... is the key to every relationship."
--LAPD Capt. Dudley Smith (James Cromwell), in L.A. Confidential

"Andy Warhol once said that everyone would be famous for fifteen
minutes. The unfortunate corollary is that everyone will also appear in
a Freddie Prinze, Jr. movie for fifteen minutes."
--me

"This is like driving a Rolls Royce, naked, in mink underpants."
--Tony Bourdain

"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it
but at the very least you need a beer."
-- Frank Zappa

"I'm not sayin' it's the best thing in the world FOR ya; I'm just sayin'
it's the best thing in the world."
-- Alton Brown

"The most preposterous notion that H. sapiens has ever dreamed up is
that the Lord God of Creation, Shaper and Ruler of all the Universes,
wants the saccharine adoration of His creatures, can be swayed by their
prayers, and becomes petulant if He does not receive this flattery. Yet
this absurd fantasy, without a shred of evidence to bolster it, pays all
the expenses of the oldest, largest, and least productive industry in
all history."
-- Robert Heinlein