Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Internet Explorer - menu disappears sometimes; else is below address bar

Internet Explorer - menu disappears sometimes; else is below address bar

Lonnie Parker

When I open IE from the command line, there is no menu bar.
What makes it re-appear?

When I open IE from the browser, I see the menu bar but it's below
the address bar. How can I put the menu bar above the address bar?

Internet Explorer 7.0.5730.11 Windows XP sp2.

Thanks.

Neil

"Lonnie Parker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:4609c584$0$16332$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> When I open IE from the command line, there is no menu bar.
> What makes it re-appear?
>
> When I open IE from the browser, I see the menu bar but it's below
> the address bar. How can I put the menu bar above the address bar?
>
> Internet Explorer 7.0.5730.11 Windows XP sp2.
>
> Thanks.

use Firefox

Lonnie Parker

> "Lonnie Parker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:4609c584$0$16332$(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> When I open IE from the command line, there is no menu bar.
>> What makes it re-appear?
>>
>> When I open IE from the browser, I see the menu bar but it's below
>> the address bar. How can I put the menu bar above the address bar?
>>
>> Internet Explorer 7.0.5730.11 Windows XP sp2.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>

> use Firefox

Thanks (seriously) for the quick response. I may try that.
I have a Linux machine and I'm trying to do more of my
work on that box. I might install Firefox on my Windows
box as well, but in the meantime I'll try to get this annoyance
fixed.

L.

Neil

"Lonnie Parker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:4609c7ad$0$16383$(E-Mail Removed).. .

> "Neil" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >
> > "Lonnie Parker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:4609c584$0$16332$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> >> When I open IE from the command line, there is no menu bar.
> >> What makes it re-appear?
> >>
> >> When I open IE from the browser, I see the menu bar but it's below
> >> the address bar. How can I put the menu bar above the address bar?
> >>
> >> Internet Explorer 7.0.5730.11 Windows XP sp2.
> >>
> >> Thanks.
> >>

> > use Firefox
> >

> Thanks (seriously) for the quick response. I may try that.
> I have a Linux machine and I'm trying to do more of my
> work on that box. I might install Firefox on my Windows
> box as well, but in the meantime I'll try to get this annoyance
> fixed.

<SNIP>
Can you not right click a blank toolbar area and unlock toolbars - then drag them wherever you want? That's how it used to be !

WhzzKdd

"Lonnie Parker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4609c584$0$16332$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> When I open IE from the command line, there is no menu bar.
> What makes it re-appear?
>
> When I open IE from the browser, I see the menu bar but it's below
> the address bar. How can I put the menu bar above the address bar?
>
> Internet Explorer 7.0.5730.11 Windows XP sp2.
>
> Thanks.

Right click on the existing toolbar (directly right of the tabs) and turn
on the menu bar.

sittingduck

Lonnie Parker wrote:

> When I open IE from the command line, there is no menu bar.

Damn, I wish mine did that? You know how to make this permanent?

I have every toolbar on one line, having the menubar gone would be great.