Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Remote Printing from my Laptop to my Desktop Printer

Remote Printing from my Laptop to my Desktop Printer

=?Utf-8?B?RGF2aWQgVy4=?=

Can enybody out there explain how I can get my laptop to Send documents to my
printer hooked to my Desktop. It is always on and hooked to the internet.
When I try to add a printer, it does not find my Desktop Printer. Help!!!
--
David W.

Tony Sperling

Is the Printer networked with a Hardware NIC from the Router, or a 'shared'
resource on a local network?

Is the Laptop on Wireless?

I any event, I don't think you should have to add the printer - it stays
where it is and you open/activate the network where you may be required to
'log in' and when you want to print, you pick the printer from out of the
activated network where that 'share' is sitting. It would be usefull for you
to have a descriptive name to the 'share'. Do note, that if you are printing
to both sides of a sheet, or the stack of paper runs out - any dialogs that
require your intervention will appear on the machine where it is connected,
not on the laptop. Answers to the above, may have specific influences.

I am guessing that you have probably not completely finished setting up your
local network on all machines in it's entirety.

Tony. . .

news:(E-Mail Removed)...