Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Make sure that the class defined in this code file matches the 'inherits' attribute, and that it extends the correct base class (e.g. Page or UserControl).

Make sure that the class defined in this code file matches the 'inherits' attribute, and that it extends the correct base class (e.g. Page or UserControl).

murl

I want to create a web user control with a base class of 'GridView' so
I can wrap the needed methods to make rows clickable. However when
building the project I get the following message:

"Make sure that the class defined in this code file matches the
'inherits' attribute, and that it extends the correct base class (e.g.
Page or UserControl)."

Markup:
<%@ Control Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true"
CodeFile="MerlinGridView.ascx.cs" Inherits="MerlinGridView" %>

CodeBehind:
using System;
using System.ComponentModel;
using System.Web;
using System.Web.UI;
using System.Web.UI.WebControls;

public partial class MerlinGridView : GridView
{
}

If I change the base type of this control to be 'UserControl', the
project builds fine. Any ideas?