Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > OT: Flickr Getting Weird?

OT: Flickr Getting Weird?

(PeteCresswell)

Sometimes I see all of my sets, other times I don't.

90% of the time I don't and clicking "More Sets" doesn't help.

Also, the "Collections" option seems to come and go - sometimes it's there and
other times it isn't.

Finally, there seem to be two paths to Flickr:
Flickr.com and www.Flickr.com. My home pages on each look superficially
similar, but there are significant diffs. All sets are available on neither
version though.

I've also gotten a few "API error" messages at the bottom of my Flickr screens
that make it sound possible that something in my data is making Flickr trap out.

Posted several problem reports, but nobody ever replies.

Am I the only one?
--
PeteCresswell

stuseven

+ personally, I've never used flickR or any similar... to me
it sounds more like you might have connection problems ?
Other possibilities might be... you are using a freebie
account, and they're trying to drop you a hint... pay up or
dont expect favors(!)... that may not be it... but... possibly
your freebie account is overloaded, and not loading right
for that reason ?
Oh oh...wait... if you are "the pete" from... you know...
with the pictures of... well... this is a family group, so I wont
spell it out(!)... but that might be a problem also ?
Just guessing... there are loads of good picture sharing
sites out there... flickR may not be the best for you, for
whatever reason.

On Mar 27, 5:13 pm, "(PeteCresswell)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Sometimes I see all of my sets, other times I don't.
>
> 90% of the time I don't and clicking "More Sets" doesn't help.
>
> Also, the "Collections" option seems to come and go - sometimes it's there and
> other times it isn't.
>
> Finally, there seem to be two paths to Flickr:
> Flickr.com andwww.Flickr.com. My home pages on each look superficially
> similar, but there are significant diffs. All sets are available on neither
> version though.
>
> I've also gotten a few "API error" messages at the bottom of my Flickr screens
> that make it sound possible that something in my data is making Flickr trap out.
>
> Posted several problem reports, but nobody ever replies.
>
> Am I the only one?
> --
> PeteCresswell

stuseven

+ just wanted to update this... I used your link to www.Flickr.com
did a search for Pete Cresswell... and... lots and lots of pictures of
surfing, cars, sunshine... I dunno... you may have broken link at
your end, it all seems to pop up from here ?!?

On Mar 27, 6:15 pm, "stuseven" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> + personally, I've never used flickR or any similar... to me
> it sounds more like you might have connection problems ?
> Other possibilities might be... you are using a freebie
> account, and they're trying to drop you a hint... pay up or
> dont expect favors(!)... that may not be it... but... possibly
> your freebie account is overloaded, and not loading right
> for that reason ?
> Oh oh...wait... if you are "the pete" from... you know...
> with the pictures of... well... this is a family group, so I wont
> spell it out(!)... but that might be a problem also ?
> Just guessing... there are loads of good picture sharing
> sites out there... flickR may not be the best for you, for
> whatever reason.
>
> On Mar 27, 5:13 pm, "(PeteCresswell)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

> > Sometimes I see all of my sets, other times I don't.

> > 90% of the time I don't and clicking "More Sets" doesn't help.

> > Also, the "Collections" option seems to come and go - sometimes it's there and
> > other times it isn't.

> > Finally, there seem to be two paths to Flickr:
> > Flickr.com andwww.Flickr.com. My home pages on each look superficially
> > similar, but there are significant diffs. All sets are available on neither
> > version though.

> > I've also gotten a few "API error" messages at the bottom of my Flickr screens
> > that make it sound possible that something in my data is making Flickr trap out.

> > Posted several problem reports, but nobody ever replies.

> > Am I the only one?
> > --
> > PeteCresswell- Hide quoted text -

(PeteCresswell)

Per stuseven:
> I dunno... you may have broken link at
>your end, it all seems to pop up from here ?!?

Do you see about a half-dozen "PECo IT" sets?
--
PeteCresswell

Joan

I saw 2 on the first page and 9 when I click on "more.."

You have 1 collection with all 9 PECo IT sets.

--
Joan

"(PeteCresswell)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
: Per stuseven:
: > I dunno... you may have broken link at
: >your end, it all seems to pop up from here ?!?
:
: Do you see about a half-dozen "PECo IT" sets?
: --
: PeteCresswell

(PeteCresswell)

Per Joan:
>I saw 2 on the first page and 9 when I click on "more.."
>
>You have 1 collection with all 9 PECo IT sets.

Thanks for the report.

Actual total sets = 21.... and I'm seeing all of them now.

Either all the stars are in alignment... or it's a lucky day... or maybe they
fixed something at Flickr...
--
PeteCresswell

stuseven

+ ditto what other poster "Joan" commented...
first photos are all sun and surf... by clicking "more"
you see the PECO whatever... pages of them.

So hopefully, you were just having navigation problems
at flickR, and nothings broken ?

On Mar 27, 8:07 pm, "(PeteCresswell)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Per stuseven:
>
> > I dunno... you may have broken link at
> >your end, it all seems to pop up from here ?!?

> Do you see about a half-dozen "PECo IT" sets?
> --
> PeteCresswell

(PeteCresswell)

Per stuseven:

> So hopefully, you were just having navigation problems
>at flickR, and nothings broken ?

I'd put my money on bug(s) in Flickr. It seems tb all better now... but those
"API error" messages weren't lying....
--
PeteCresswell