Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > missing wzcdlg.dll

missing wzcdlg.dll

=?Utf-8?B?RGFuZGVl?=

I am hoping that someone will help me figure out what this error message
means when I try to run the wireless network wizard/
wzcdlg.dll
missing entry:FlashConFigCreate.Network
Trying to get my wireless network up and running is driving me crazy, so any
help would be appreciated at this point. I am running a Cicero AMD 64 Athalon
with Windows XP service pack 1 (couldn't get service pack two install) I have
a LInksys WRT54-G router. The second computer is a pentium III with the
corresponding pci adapter and windows xp professional. I am having trouble
getting them to see each other and the pentium III is having trouble
connecting to the internet.
Thanks

Eric Cross [MVP]

Greetings Dandee,

Does the second XP computer have Service Pack 2 (SP2) installed? The reason
why I'm asking is that the Wireless Network Setup Wizard is new in SP2 and I
don't think it will work and my guess the Network Setup Wizard is failing
giving you that error message. What exactly are you having problems with
getting SP2 installed on your computer?

Have you tried setting up the wireless network manually? Have you checked a
firewall or any encryption settings?

_________________
Eric Cross
Microsoft MVP (Windows Networking)
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

http://www.dlldump.com/ you will find the file here

=?Utf-8?B?RGFuZGVl?=

"Eric Cross [MVP]" wrote:

> Greetings Dandee,
>
> Does the second XP computer have Service Pack 2 (SP2) installed? The reason
> why I'm asking is that the Wireless Network Setup Wizard is new in SP2 and I
> don't think it will work and my guess the Network Setup Wizard is failing
> giving you that error message. What exactly are you having problems with
> getting SP2 installed on your computer?
>
> Have you tried setting up the wireless network manually? Have you checked a
> firewall or any encryption settings?

Thanks for the information Eric. I will have to check to see what service
pack xp professional has...I believe it is #2 as it has the wireless
connection wizard on it.
The network wizard keeps stalling on me and tells me there's an error and
can't finish the set up
I am not sure how to configure the network manually. Today I took off the
firewalls and antivirus software thinking I might be able to configure
everything that way and get the service pack 2 to work.
No luck took me two hours to get my internet connection back.
When I download and install the service pack it goes into a continual reboot
loop and I end up having to go into safe mode and try uninstall sp2 and
restore my system to an earlier configuration.
I am at my wit's end...I would really appreciate a simple non teckie version
of what to do at this point.
Thanks

Eric Cross [MVP]

Dandee,

I suggest that visit the Service Pack 2 Support Center and read through the
articles on how to address most common installation issues. By installing
the latest service pack then will ensure yourself that you been protected
with the latest security issues and fixes to known problems.

After you get SP2 installed, then you should be able to run the Wireless
Network Setup Wizard and this will make it a little easier for configuring
the network for you. To setup the network manually, see the following
Microsoft Knowledge Base article.

Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2)
http://support.microsoft.com/default...r=windowsxpsp2

How to set up your computer for wireless networking in Windows XP