Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > samsung ml-7050 printer driver on X64

samsung ml-7050 printer driver on X64

miso@sushi.com

I changed routers and had to reinstall my print server. I got the
router set up to find the print server, which works just fine. It's an
Axis 5600. What I can't find are the drivers. When I built the system,
I swear the driver was on there after I did the install. Can drivers
be pulled from the x64 install disk?

If you are familiar with Axis adaprinter, the program has no problem
finding the printer. The older XP drivers for the ml-7050 will install
(i.e. you can run the installation program), but the driver themselves
won't install when you run adaprinter. The vista drivers for the
printer don't install at all. [Hey, it was worth a try.] I already
checked planet64.

miso@sushi.com

On Mar 22, 12:48 am, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> I changed routers and had to reinstall my print server. I got the
> router set up to find the print server, which works just fine. It's an
> Axis 5600. What I can't find are the drivers. When I built the system,
> I swear the driver was on there after I did the install. Can drivers
> be pulled from the x64 install disk?
>
> If you are familiar with Axis adaprinter, the program has no problem
> finding the printer. The older XP drivers for the ml-7050 will install
> (i.e. you can run the installation program), but the driver themselves
> won't install when you run adaprinter. The vista drivers for the
> printer don't install at all. [Hey, it was worth a try.] I already
> checked planet64.

Well, answering my own post, it turns out the driver that comes with
x64 is called ntprint.inf . It contains information for many printers.
I'm reasonably sure this is the driver I used when I first set up the
system since it is a bit peculiar in that you can only use the ML-7050
in postscript mode.

I still have a problem with the installation, but it is probably with
the axis software.

miso@sushi.com

On Mar 22, 11:19 pm, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> On Mar 22, 12:48 am, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
> > I changed routers and had to reinstall my print server. I got the
> > router set up to find the print server, which works just fine. It's an
> > Axis 5600. What I can't find are the drivers. When I built the system,
> > I swear the driver was on there after I did the install. Can drivers
> > be pulled from the x64 install disk?

> > If you are familiar with Axis adaprinter, the program has no problem
> > finding the printer. The older XP drivers for the ml-7050 will install
> > (i.e. you can run the installation program), but the driver themselves
> > won't install when you run adaprinter. The vista drivers for the
> > printer don't install at all. [Hey, it was worth a try.] I already
> > checked planet64.

> Well, answering my own post, it turns out the driver that comes with
> x64 is called ntprint.inf . It contains information for many printers.
> I'm reasonably sure this is the driver I used when I first set up the
> system since it is a bit peculiar in that you can only use the ML-7050
> in postscript mode.
>
> I still have a problem with the installation, but it is probably with
> the axis software.

Still talking to myself.

Should anyone else have this problem, the key is to run the Axis
thinwizard to identify the network. Then run the add a printer in the
control panel. The windows software managed to find a pcl5 driver.
However, I also use the ntprint.inf found in c:/windows/inf to get the
postscipt driver installed.