Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Running Vista Ultimate 64 for about a month now......

Running Vista Ultimate 64 for about a month now......

Kue2

Vista 64 RTM 6000

So Far:
2-Bsod both when logging off a user .......something to do with the win 32
kernel.

Winmail will hang or lock-up with different errors with windows live.(when
trying to post message)

Event viewer log is loaded the error messages warning message.
As far as I can see there is warning & error messages everyday since loading
a month ago.

PS This was a clean install with all updates applied as they come out.

I Have been running Vista as my main OS for the last month,only booting to
WinXP 64 or XP once in awhile.
Wife hates (allowing) everything in EI 7 while she is surfing.

Any news on when a service pak is forth coming???

Anyone experiencing same??? Comments>>...........................

Dennis Pack

Kue2:
I haven't had the BSOD problem so I don't have an answer. W2K3SP2 is
available through Windows Update, it installed without any problems on new
or old x64 builds. Have a great day.

--
Dennis Pack
XP x64, Vista Enterprise x64
"Kue2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Vista 64 RTM 6000
>
> So Far:
> 2-Bsod both when logging off a user .......something to do with the win 32
> kernel.
>
> Winmail will hang or lock-up with different errors with windows live.(when
> trying to post message)
>
> Event viewer log is loaded the error messages warning message.
> As far as I can see there is warning & error messages everyday since
>
> PS This was a clean install with all updates applied as they come out.
>
> I Have been running Vista as my main OS for the last month,only booting to
> WinXP 64 or XP once in awhile.
> Wife hates (allowing) everything in EI 7 while she is surfing.
>
> Any news on when a service pak is forth coming???
>
> Anyone experiencing same??? Comments>>...........................

Kue2

Hi Dennis !
yes I have the sp2 applied already for WinXP 64. The problems I'm having are
in Vista 64.

"Dennis Pack" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Kue2:
> I haven't had the BSOD problem so I don't have an answer. W2K3SP2 is
> available through Windows Update, it installed without any problems on new
> or old x64 builds. Have a great day.
>
> --
> Dennis Pack
> XP x64, Vista Enterprise x64
> Office2007
> "Kue2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Vista 64 RTM 6000
>>
>> So Far:
>> 2-Bsod both when logging off a user .......something to do with the win
>> 32 kernel.
>>
>> Winmail will hang or lock-up with different errors with windows
>> live.(when trying to post message)
>>
>> Event viewer log is loaded the error messages warning message.
>> As far as I can see there is warning & error messages everyday since
>>
>> PS This was a clean install with all updates applied as they come out.
>>
>> I Have been running Vista as my main OS for the last month,only booting
>> to WinXP 64 or XP once in awhile.
>> Wife hates (allowing) everything in EI 7 while she is surfing.
>>
>> Any news on when a service pak is forth coming???
>>
>> Anyone experiencing same??? Comments>>...........................

mikeyhsd

bring up the Reliability and Performance monitor and select Reliability from the left hand menu. it gives a DAILY entry for problems and reports. might e you a clue as the problems.

[...]

Simon Berube

The IE7 experience is a lot better when you make some tweaks.
Unfortunately, then, it still doesn't seem to match up to the user-friendly
interface of Firefox. I can't see why they made the interface work the way
it does. For example, only 1 link from the link bar can be opened to a new
tab via middle click. There isn't even a choice to right click the icon and
open as new tab. Then, new tabs BARS from links in web pages don't seem to
open consistently to a certain spot. Still, if you want to give IE7 a
chance, like I am, then here are some suggestions.

With menu options being hidden until you hit ALT, including Favorites,
you'll probably want to turn on the Links bar so that you can use it as
favorites. You have to drag the URL icon to the bar. Strangely enough,
they don't have another way to do it.

Next, I really recommend turning off that damn phishing filter, which
sometimes takes minutes to resolve a URL. Before I realized that the
phishing filter was active, I was lead to believe that one of my forums was
down for a day. Any URL resolving service that takes that long isn't worth
the trouble. By default, IE7 contacts an MS server to see if it's safe to
go to. Every default IE7 user for every page accessed. No wonder.

Now here's something I never understood from MS. Why do they think smooth
scrolling is a good thing to have on by default? No matter how high end a
system you may have, it's always going to feel like IE7 is struggling when
smooth scrolling is on.

--
Simon Berube
http://sberube.net/
"Kue2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Vista 64 RTM 6000
>
> So Far:
> 2-Bsod both when logging off a user .......something to do with the win 32
> kernel.
>
> Winmail will hang or lock-up with different errors with windows live.(when
> trying to post message)
>
> Event viewer log is loaded the error messages warning message.
> As far as I can see there is warning & error messages everyday since
>
> PS This was a clean install with all updates applied as they come out.
>
> I Have been running Vista as my main OS for the last month,only booting to
> WinXP 64 or XP once in awhile.
> Wife hates (allowing) everything in EI 7 while she is surfing.
>
> Any news on when a service pak is forth coming???
>
> Anyone experiencing same??? Comments>>...........................

Feliks Dzerzhinsky

Kue2 wrote:
> Vista 64 RTM 6000
>
> So Far:
> 2-Bsod both when logging off a user .......something to do with the win
> 32 kernel.
>
> Winmail will hang or lock-up with different errors with windows
> live.(when trying to post message)
>
> Event viewer log is loaded the error messages warning message.
> As far as I can see there is warning & error messages everyday since
>
> PS This was a clean install with all updates applied as they come out.
>
> I Have been running Vista as my main OS for the last month,only booting
> to WinXP 64 or XP once in awhile.
> Wife hates (allowing) everything in EI 7 while she is surfing.
>
> Any news on when a service pak is forth coming???
>
> Anyone experiencing same??? Comments>>...........................

I've been using Vista Ultimate 64 bit for about a month and haven't seen
any BSODs. I've been using the 64 bit versions of IE7, Windows Mail and
Windows Media Player, so if you are using the default 32 bit versions,
our experience may differ.

Iron Feliks