Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Slipstreaming winxp 64 sp2 into Winxp 64

Slipstreaming winxp 64 sp2 into Winxp 64

Kue2

How can I tell if indeed I have successfully made a WinXP 64 with sp2 cd?? I
can boot from it,but how can I tell if it has sp2 without actually loading
it?

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

Kue2:
Please share with us the step by step method you have used for successfully
building your disc and maybe someone of the knowledgeable guys that hang
around this NG will come up with an answer.
Carlos

"Kue2" wrote:

> How can I tell if indeed I have successfully made a WinXP 64 with sp2 cd?? I
> can boot from it,but how can I tell if it has sp2 without actually loading
> it?

Tony Sperling

The Installation IS the acid test, I believe. Until then you can only pray -
I used nLite on one occasion, I don't think it would complete the job
without complaints if you ordered it to do something without supplying the
means in the end.

But you are right, how can you trust it as a back-up? You can of course
install it as a dual-boot and see if it behaves, and gallantly remove it
again if it does. . .

Tony. . .

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Kue2:
> Please share with us the step by step method you have used for

successfully
> building your disc and maybe someone of the knowledgeable guys that hang
> around this NG will come up with an answer.
> Carlos
>
> "Kue2" wrote:
>
> > How can I tell if indeed I have successfully made a WinXP 64 with sp2

cd?? I
> > can boot from it,but how can I tell if it has sp2 without actually

> > it?

Kue2

I used this link :
http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase...slipstream.asp
just followed the directions.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Kue2:
> Please share with us the step by step method you have used for
> successfully
> building your disc and maybe someone of the knowledgeable guys that hang
> around this NG will come up with an answer.
> Carlos
>
> "Kue2" wrote:
>
>> How can I tell if indeed I have successfully made a WinXP 64 with sp2
>> cd?? I
>> can boot from it,but how can I tell if it has sp2 without actually
>> it?

Kue2

I noticed that some files on the slipstreamed disk are dated 18/2/2007
therefore I must have succeeded {:-}

"Kue2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> How can I tell if indeed I have successfully made a WinXP 64 with sp2 cd??
> I can boot from it,but how can I tell if it has sp2 without actually

=?Utf-8?B?TWFyYXRvbm1hbm5lbg==?=

I followed Tack Techs guide with success.
Used Roxio Easy CD and DVD Creator 6.0 to burn.

But you have to replace I386 with AMD64.

http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=295

--
Asus P5WDG2 WS Pro (i975X Express)
Core 2 Extreme X6800

"Carlos" wrote:

> Kue2:
> Please share with us the step by step method you have used for successfully
> building your disc and maybe someone of the knowledgeable guys that hang
> around this NG will come up with an answer.
> Carlos
>
> "Kue2" wrote:
>
> > How can I tell if indeed I have successfully made a WinXP 64 with sp2 cd?? I
> > can boot from it,but how can I tell if it has sp2 without actually loading
> > it?

=?Utf-8?B?R3JhaGFtUw==?=

Don't people just use nLite for slipstreaming?
http://www.nliteos.com/nlite.html

=?Utf-8?B?U3RldmU=?=

Carlos:

I used nlite to slipstream sp2 into xpp x64 and did a fresh install and all
appears okay except when I sync my time with time.windows.com it goes back 1
hour, which leads me to believe that the sp2 doesn't include the DST update
and it doesn't appear on the windows update site. Any thoughts?

Thanks
--
Steve
(x64man)

"Carlos" wrote:

> Kue2:
> Please share with us the step by step method you have used for successfully
> building your disc and maybe someone of the knowledgeable guys that hang
> around this NG will come up with an answer.
> Carlos
>
> "Kue2" wrote:
>
> > How can I tell if indeed I have successfully made a WinXP 64 with sp2 cd?? I
> > can boot from it,but how can I tell if it has sp2 without actually loading
> > it?

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

Steve:
I am not using DST in Argentina, so I don't have a clue.
Carlos

"Steve" wrote:

> Carlos:
>
> I used nlite to slipstream sp2 into xpp x64 and did a fresh install and all
> appears okay except when I sync my time with time.windows.com it goes back 1
> hour, which leads me to believe that the sp2 doesn't include the DST update
> and it doesn't appear on the windows update site. Any thoughts?
>
> Thanks
> --
> Steve
> (x64man)
>

> "Carlos" wrote:
>
> > Kue2:
> > Please share with us the step by step method you have used for successfully
> > building your disc and maybe someone of the knowledgeable guys that hang
> > around this NG will come up with an answer.
> > Carlos
> >
> > "Kue2" wrote:
> >
> > > How can I tell if indeed I have successfully made a WinXP 64 with sp2 cd?? I
> > > can boot from it,but how can I tell if it has sp2 without actually loading
> > > it?

Theo

You can find the Time Zone update files at:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/931836/