Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Problem in installing DotNet2.0 x64

Problem in installing DotNet2.0 x64

Jak

Hi, all,

I would like to install DotNet Framework2.0 x64 into my Windows XP 64, it
ran into error 1719, but I have upgraded all the service pack of the Windows
installer3.1 already. Do I need to reinstall the Installer?

rgds,

Jak

Dshai

Here's an excerpt from Guru's post on the PlanetAMD64 forum regarding this
problem:

Error 1719 occurs in x64 when the 32-bit version of msiexec is registered as
the msiserver. Here's the fix:

1.. Open regedit ( Start -> Run -> regedit.exe -> OK)
2.. Go to the following key: My
computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlS et\Services\MSIServer
3.. Look at the ImagePath entry. For Windows XP x64 it should read:
C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\msiexec.exe /V
If it doesn't edit the registry to match that.
4.. Restart the Windows Installer service from the Admin Control Panel ->
Services CP
I hope this solves your problem, let us know...
--

Dshai

Life is only limited by those living it...

"Jak" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi, all,
>
> I would like to install DotNet Framework2.0 x64 into my Windows XP 64, it
> ran into error 1719, but I have upgraded all the service pack of the
> Windows installer3.1 already. Do I need to reinstall the Installer?
>
> rgds,
>
> Jak

Jak

> 1.. Open regedit ( Start -> Run -> regedit.exe -> OK)
> 2.. Go to the following key: My
> computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlS et\Services\MSIServer
> 3.. Look at the ImagePath entry. For Windows XP x64 it should read:
> C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\msiexec.exe /V
> If it doesn't edit the registry to match that.

Thank you, Dshai, with your instruction, I have successfully installed the
DotNet framework x64, but there might be a step to be completed before
restart the service. According to Microsoft KB, after the modifcation of the
registry has been completed, the next step is to restart the computer to
safe mode and then register both 32 bits and 64 bits msiexec.exe
application.

> 4.. Restart the Windows Installer service from the Admin Control Panel ->
> Services CP
> I hope this solves your problem, let us know...
> --

Thank you very much.

Jak

Dshai

Glad it worked for you, thanks for the updated input as well...;o)