Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > What do I do if protected files on my computer has been changed?

What do I do if protected files on my computer has been changed?

=?Utf-8?B?U2ltcGx5?=

Recently, I've just installed a program in my computer. The icons of my
computer just changed. When I was about to uninstall the program, the icons
just not be replaced to the original.

What should I do?

John Barnes

You can try system restore from just before the install now that you have
uninstalled the program.

"Simply" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Recently, I've just installed a program in my computer. The icons of my
> computer just changed. When I was about to uninstall the program, the
> icons
> just not be replaced to the original.
>
> What should I do?

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Hello,
I think John is correct in that system restore is the best answer.
The subject line about protected files being changed is probably not a
resolution.
More than likely the entries in the registry for the icons are pointing to
other dlls which contain the icons or are pointing to different icons in
the same dll.
So each icon would have it's own entry in the registry which tells it which
dll contains the icon and which icon in that dll to use.
Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]