Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > XP-64 reinstall. Now disk 1 unknown & unreadable

Reply
Thread Tools

XP-64 reinstall. Now disk 1 unknown & unreadable

 
 
=?Utf-8?B?ZWN1c3RlcjIwMDA=?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-07-2007
I have been using XP-64 for about 1 year with 3 SATA drives installed. One
of the drives is the boot disk and the other two are configured into a RAID
group. This last weekend I had to reinstall XP-64 due to Adobe Pro not
installing properly and then not being able to back it all out.

I have now reinstalled XP-64 successfully, but I can not access the RAID
group. In the Computer Management window under Disk Management it states
that Disk 1 is Unknown and Unreadable. I have made sure that I have the
latest ULi RAID drivers, but still can not activate the drive. I spent all
day today reading everything I could find in the knowledge base but nothing
sounds exactly like the problem I am having.

Has anyone else seen this type of problem before?

Thank you

Ed

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Dennis Pack
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-07-2007
ecuster2000:
A possible cause is that when you reinstalled x64 you didn't install
the raid drivers. Disk management may be reading the raid drives separately.
Have a great day.

--
Dennis Pack
XP x64, Vista Enterprise x64
Office2007
"ecuster2000" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have been using XP-64 for about 1 year with 3 SATA drives installed. One
> of the drives is the boot disk and the other two are configured into a
> RAID
> group. This last weekend I had to reinstall XP-64 due to Adobe Pro not
> installing properly and then not being able to back it all out.
>
> I have now reinstalled XP-64 successfully, but I can not access the RAID
> group. In the Computer Management window under Disk Management it states
> that Disk 1 is Unknown and Unreadable. I have made sure that I have the
> latest ULi RAID drivers, but still can not activate the drive. I spent
> all
> day today reading everything I could find in the knowledge base but
> nothing
> sounds exactly like the problem I am having.
>
> Has anyone else seen this type of problem before?
>
> Thank you
>
> Ed
>


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
=?Utf-8?B?ZWN1c3RlcjIwMDA=?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-08-2007
The ULi RAID software sees a valid raid group and the Disk management is only
reporting one disk as it should, but it says that dik is unreadable.


"Dennis Pack" wrote:

> ecuster2000:
> A possible cause is that when you reinstalled x64 you didn't install
> the raid drivers. Disk management may be reading the raid drives separately.
> Have a great day.
>
> --
> Dennis Pack
> XP x64, Vista Enterprise x64
> Office2007
> "ecuster2000" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I have been using XP-64 for about 1 year with 3 SATA drives installed. One
> > of the drives is the boot disk and the other two are configured into a
> > RAID
> > group. This last weekend I had to reinstall XP-64 due to Adobe Pro not
> > installing properly and then not being able to back it all out.
> >
> > I have now reinstalled XP-64 successfully, but I can not access the RAID
> > group. In the Computer Management window under Disk Management it states
> > that Disk 1 is Unknown and Unreadable. I have made sure that I have the
> > latest ULi RAID drivers, but still can not activate the drive. I spent
> > all
> > day today reading everything I could find in the knowledge base but
> > nothing
> > sounds exactly like the problem I am having.
> >
> > Has anyone else seen this type of problem before?
> >
> > Thank you
> >
> > Ed
> >

>

 
Reply With Quote
 
John Barnes
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-08-2007
Do you have any partition management software. I've had that situation
before when moving disks from a pci card to the MOBO. At that time, if I
recall, it had something to do with a different parking of the heads, and
boundary alignment. The partition management software was helpful in
analysing the problem.

"ecuster2000" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> The ULi RAID software sees a valid raid group and the Disk management is
> only
> reporting one disk as it should, but it says that dik is unreadable.
>
>
> "Dennis Pack" wrote:
>
>> ecuster2000:
>> A possible cause is that when you reinstalled x64 you didn't
>> install
>> the raid drivers. Disk management may be reading the raid drives
>> separately.
>> Have a great day.
>>
>> --
>> Dennis Pack
>> XP x64, Vista Enterprise x64
>> Office2007
>> "ecuster2000" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >I have been using XP-64 for about 1 year with 3 SATA drives installed.
>> >One
>> > of the drives is the boot disk and the other two are configured into a
>> > RAID
>> > group. This last weekend I had to reinstall XP-64 due to Adobe Pro not
>> > installing properly and then not being able to back it all out.
>> >
>> > I have now reinstalled XP-64 successfully, but I can not access the
>> > RAID
>> > group. In the Computer Management window under Disk Management it
>> > states
>> > that Disk 1 is Unknown and Unreadable. I have made sure that I have
>> > the
>> > latest ULi RAID drivers, but still can not activate the drive. I spent
>> > all
>> > day today reading everything I could find in the knowledge base but
>> > nothing
>> > sounds exactly like the problem I am having.
>> >
>> > Has anyone else seen this type of problem before?
>> >
>> > Thank you
>> >
>> > Ed
>> >

>>


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Assign an unknown value to an unknown variable Vincent Arnoux Ruby 1 08-11-2006 06:12 PM
Error Msg.: The disk structure is corrupted and unreadable BC Computer Support 1 11-28-2005 04:59 PM
Serializing beans. Change in code makes old files unreadable. Andoni Java 2 08-19-2005 09:21 PM
Unknown Disk Nelly NZ Computing 12 07-09-2005 04:56 AM
Unreadable QueryString Surajit Laha ASP .Net 4 05-04-2004 12:39 PM



Advertisments