Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Vista's replacement for My Documents

Vista's replacement for My Documents

=?Utf-8?B?UyBKYW1lcw==?=

"Richard Urban" wrote:

> This, of course, can be changed and they can be included under "Documents",
> or in my case D:\My Documents.
>
> I dual boot and have made this change for the purpose of being able to use
> one store when booted into either Windows XP or Vista. It works fine.
>
> --
>

> Regards,
>
> Richard Urban MVP
> Microsoft Windows Shell/User

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Except that My Documents used to contain the folders for My Pictures, My
> > Music, etc used to be included in My Documents and their replacements are
> > now separate higher level folders.
> >

> > "DP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> Thanks, Jane.
> >>

> >> "Jane C" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

=?Utf-8?B?UyBKYW1lcw==?=

Richard,
How did you redirect Vista to use another drive:/folder for your
documents. In XP, you could do this by changing the location of the My
Documents folder. I haven't discovered how to do this in Vista (ultimate).

Thanks

"Richard Urban" wrote:

> This, of course, can be changed and they can be included under "Documents",
> or in my case D:\My Documents.
>
> I dual boot and have made this change for the purpose of being able to use
> one store when booted into either Windows XP or Vista. It works fine.
>
> --
>

> Regards,
>
> Richard Urban MVP
> Microsoft Windows Shell/User

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Except that My Documents used to contain the folders for My Pictures, My
> > Music, etc used to be included in My Documents and their replacements are
> > now separate higher level folders.
> >

> > "DP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> Thanks, Jane.
> >>

> >> "Jane C" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Andre Da Costa[ActiveWin]

Click Start > right click Documents > Properties > Location (tab) type the
path to the drive or foldr and click OK.
--
Andre
Blog: http://adacosta.spaces.live.com
news:(E-Mail Removed)...