Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Windows Vista x64 doesn't shutdown properly !

Windows Vista x64 doesn't shutdown properly !

Safouh

Hello everybody,

I am using Windows Vista Business x64 since few days.

yesterday I installed new sound card driver and some other applications, but
afterward the computer stuck on logoff screen during the shutdown process
for ever and doesn't shutdown properly !

I could only shutdown the PC using the power button !

Does anybody from you encounter this problem before ? and if yes, what is
the solution or work around to fix it ? Thanks a lot.

Cheers,

Safouh

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

Safouh:
Use system restore and bring your computer back to a state previous to the
installation of the driver and those programs.
That way you should be able to power off properly.
Install one by one the applications and drivers and try to shut down after
every installation.
This way you will identify the offending application or driver and maybe
later try to find a specific solution like an update, patch, etc.
Carlos

"Safouh" wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>
> I am using Windows Vista Business x64 since few days.
>
> yesterday I installed new sound card driver and some other applications, but
> afterward the computer stuck on logoff screen during the shutdown process
> for ever and doesn't shutdown properly !
>
> I could only shutdown the PC using the power button !
>
> Does anybody from you encounter this problem before ? and if yes, what is
> the solution or work around to fix it ? Thanks a lot.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Safouh

John Barnes

Welcome back Carlos

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Safouh:
> Use system restore and bring your computer back to a state previous to the
> installation of the driver and those programs.
> That way you should be able to power off properly.
> Install one by one the applications and drivers and try to shut down after
> every installation.
> This way you will identify the offending application or driver and maybe
> later try to find a specific solution like an update, patch, etc.
> Carlos
>
> "Safouh" wrote:
>
>> Hello everybody,
>>
>> I am using Windows Vista Business x64 since few days.
>>
>> yesterday I installed new sound card driver and some other applications,
>> but
>> afterward the computer stuck on logoff screen during the shutdown process
>> for ever and doesn't shutdown properly !
>>
>> I could only shutdown the PC using the power button !
>>
>> Does anybody from you encounter this problem before ? and if yes, what is
>> the solution or work around to fix it ? Thanks a lot.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Safouh

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

Thanks, John!
Carlos

"John Barnes" wrote:

> Welcome back Carlos

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Safouh:
> > Use system restore and bring your computer back to a state previous to the
> > installation of the driver and those programs.
> > That way you should be able to power off properly.
> > Install one by one the applications and drivers and try to shut down after
> > every installation.
> > This way you will identify the offending application or driver and maybe
> > later try to find a specific solution like an update, patch, etc.
> > Carlos
> >
> > "Safouh" wrote:
> >
> >> Hello everybody,
> >>
> >> I am using Windows Vista Business x64 since few days.
> >>
> >> yesterday I installed new sound card driver and some other applications,
> >> but
> >> afterward the computer stuck on logoff screen during the shutdown process
> >> for ever and doesn't shutdown properly !
> >>
> >> I could only shutdown the PC using the power button !
> >>
> >> Does anybody from you encounter this problem before ? and if yes, what is
> >> the solution or work around to fix it ? Thanks a lot.
> >>
> >> Cheers,
> >>
> >> Safouh

Safouh

Thanks guys for your replies.

But does anybody from you got a good utility to monitor the shutdown process
to find out which service or application causing this problem ? Thanks for
your help in advance.
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks, John!
> Carlos
>
> "John Barnes" wrote:
>
>> Welcome back Carlos

>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Safouh:
>> > Use system restore and bring your computer back to a state previous to
>> > the
>> > installation of the driver and those programs.
>> > That way you should be able to power off properly.
>> > Install one by one the applications and drivers and try to shut down
>> > after
>> > every installation.
>> > This way you will identify the offending application or driver and
>> > maybe
>> > later try to find a specific solution like an update, patch, etc.
>> > Carlos

mikeyhsd

might get better answers in the VISTA news groups.
plenty of them on the microsoft news server
msnews.microsoft.com

most likely a driver or one of the installed programs is interfering.

uninstall them all and then install one at a time and test shutdown before going to the next.

(E-Mail Removed)@sport.rr.com