Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Internet Security Suite (Firewall / Antivirus)

Internet Security Suite (Firewall / Antivirus)

Like Others here I've struggled with this since buying my new 64Bit Vista Ultimate system. I've been running PCCillin since purchase with mixed results on the Firewall piece and very lackluster support to deal with it. Also a specific component of the system crashes every time I open the program.

Norton just released a product called 360. They offer a trial copy good for 15 days and I am happy to report that it installed with no problem, appears to be fairly lenient on system resources and really seems to be working just fine on my 64bit Vista Laptop.

Personally I've never liked the Norton products but I've become a bit desperate when it comes to finding an all in one Internet security tool to run on my new Laptop. Since I've had luck with this product so far I thought it was worth sharing.

Cheers.....

Tony Sperling

Avast - Windows Firewall & Defender should have your machine be 'tucked' in quite nicely! ( all of them free! and for AV there are good alternatives, AVG; Nod32 )

Almost nobody likes Norton or McAfee!

Tony. . .
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
Like Others here I've struggled with this since buying my new 64Bit Vista Ultimate system. I've been running PCCillin since purchase with mixed results on the Firewall piece and very lackluster support to deal with it. Also a specific component of the system crashes every time I open the program.

Norton just released a product called 360. They offer a trial copy good for 15 days and I am happy to report that it installed with no problem, appears to be fairly lenient on system resources and really seems to be working just fine on my 64bit Vista Laptop.

Personally I've never liked the Norton products but I've become a bit desperate when it comes to finding an all in one Internet security tool to run on my new Laptop. Since I've had luck with this product so far I thought it was worth sharing.

Cheers.....

Safouh

I was using Norton Internet Security 2007 for the last few days and I can say it's terrible and as usual with Norton it slows the whole system and eating resources like monster , therefore I recommand Avast as I was using it before and it's very good.
"Tony Sperling" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
[...]

Trust me.....I've had nothing but trouble with Norton.....but this 360 product seems to run much lighter.
"Safouh" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
[...]

Charlie Russel - MVP

nothing on earth would get me to load that on my machine. For firewall, you
already have an excellent one - it comes with Windows Vista and you don't
need to change it. For AV, I'd look at something like Nod32. Or AVG. Both
are good products, run on 64bit, and won't do unknown and nasty things to
your system.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

[...]

Barb Bowman

I am VERY happy with Nod32 on x64 Ultimate. As for trying that 360
thing, nothing on earth or any other planet or celestial body would
get me to load that on a machine.

--

Barb Bowman
MS Windows-MVP

Jane C

I know someone who was involved in beta-testing it. Needless to say,
Complete PC Backup and Restore got put to good use.......
I won't touch anything Norton with a 10 foot barge-pole.

--
Jane, not plain 64 bit enabled
"Barb Bowman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am VERY happy with Nod32 on x64 Ultimate. As for trying that 360
> thing, nothing on earth or any other planet or celestial body would
> get me to load that on a machine.
>
> On Tue, 6 Mar 2007 21:47:56 -0800, "Charlie Russel - MVP"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>nothing on earth would get me to load that on my machine. For firewall,
>>you
>>already have an excellent one - it comes with Windows Vista and you don't
>>need to change it. For AV, I'd look at something like Nod32. Or AVG. Both
>>are good products, run on 64bit, and won't do unknown and nasty things to
>>your system.

> --
>
> Barb Bowman
> MS Windows-MVP

Thanks guys......exactly what I'm looking for here.....additional options!
I'll try the other products mentioned. I definitely appreciate the
feedback.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...