Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > 32bit service on windows 64bit

32bit service on windows 64bit

papaUsenet@gmail.com

Hello,
I am having an issue with running a 32bit service on windows 64bit.
The service is a special rpc listener written in perl. This works
perfectly fine as a service on all 32bit flavors of windows. It is
not working for the 64bit version of windows. The rpc listener is not
starting if being started as a service. It will start fine if done
manually on the commandline, by running the perl file. Does anyone
have any ideas as to why this would be happening?

Tony Sperling

Just guessing - a 64bit process cannot execute a 32bit process directly, or
call a 32bit DLL - your installed PERL interpreter, running in WOW mode,
however, should have no problems doing that.

Tony. . .

news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...