Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Can I install a 32bit WinXP on a 64bit hardware ?

Can I install a 32bit WinXP on a 64bit hardware ?

Steven Prasil

Because some programs do not run on my WinXP 64bit installation I am thinking about to install
a 32 bit WinXP on my 64 bit hardware.

Is this possible in general?

How much percent will be the performance loss approx?

I would like to get an impression of how many people have done such an installation.

All the new hardware motherboards and CPUs are 64bit but there a only a few
usenet postings and sales numbers for 64 Bit WInXP.

So I assume that a lot of users must run 32 bit WinXP on 64 bit hardware.

Steven

=?Utf-8?B?RGF2aWQgQ2hlcm5pY29mZg==?=

As long as your 64-bit hardware is AMD 64 or Intel 64 (aka E64MT), and not
Itanium, the 32-bit versions of the Windows OSs will work perfectly.