Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Readyboost problem (shuts itself off)

Readyboost problem (shuts itself off)

=?Utf-8?B?SmFzb24=?=

I have a sandisk cruzer (originally had the u3 stuff on it, but i wiped it so
its now just a normal usb drive) 2gb..,.. I plug it in, go to its
properties, it allows me to enable readyboost to the recommended setting
(just under 2g). if i go to the drive in explorer it shows a readyboost
cache there. but after a bit of time (not talking long periods.. i'll browse
the web a bit or something... so it's not going in to sleep mode or anything
like that) and i'll go back to the drive and there will be nothing on it. if
i go back into properties, i have to make some sort of adjustement so i can
apply new settings (i usually just turn it off then back on again) and it's
back. any ideas? btw, i'm posting this is 64-bit area since that's what i
run. Wasn't sure if it was 64-bit specific problem. thanks.

mikeyhsd

from what I hear it takes a while for the ready boost to propagate to the usb .

might post your vista question in a vista news group.
several on the microsoft news servers.

(E-Mail Removed)@sport.rr.com

"Jason" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
I have a sandisk cruzer (originally had the u3 stuff on it, but i wiped it so
its now just a normal usb drive) 2gb..,.. I plug it in, go to its
properties, it allows me to enable readyboost to the recommended setting
(just under 2g). if i go to the drive in explorer it shows a readyboost
cache there. but after a bit of time (not talking long periods.. i'll browse
the web a bit or something... so it's not going in to sleep mode or anything
like that) and i'll go back to the drive and there will be nothing on it. if
i go back into properties, i have to make some sort of adjustement so i can
apply new settings (i usually just turn it off then back on again) and it's
back. any ideas? btw, i'm posting this is 64-bit area since that's what i
run. Wasn't sure if it was 64-bit specific problem. thanks.

Delrin

On Feb 25, 9:34 am, Jason <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I have a sandisk cruzer (originally had the u3 stuff on it, but i wiped it so
> its now just a normal usb drive) 2gb..,.. I plug it in, go to its
> properties, it allows me to enablereadyboostto the recommended setting
> (just under 2g). if i go to the drive in explorer it shows areadyboost
> cache there. but after a bit of time (not talking long periods.. i'll browse
> the web a bit or something... so it's not going in to sleep mode or anything
> like that) and i'll go back to the drive and there will be nothing on it. if
> i go back into properties, i have to make some sort of adjustement so i can
> apply new settings (i usually just turn it off then back on again) and it's
> back. any ideas? btw, i'm posting this is 64-bit area since that's what i
> run. Wasn't sure if it was 64-bit specific problem. thanks.

I don't want to get your hopes up, I don't have an answer for you, but
I can tell you this is the first time I've seen someone else having
the exact same problem. I also have the cruzer 2gig (also with U3
removed), but I can tell you that the same problem occurs with any
other device I use in this system. I have an internal card reader,
tried it with a 2 gig CF card, same problem. Running Vista Ultimate
64 bit here, too. I'll list my other system specs in case we can
possibly find a similarity.

Asus A8N SLI Premium mobo
AMD X264 4400+
2 GIG OCZ RAM
Creative X-FI sound card

I can also say that it isn't the fault of the cruzer, I've tried it in
my other computer running Vista Business 32, works great....as does my
CF card. In my case, the USB devices work ok as long as ReadyBoost
isn't enabled on the drive. They work even better (quicker to
respond) if I entirely disable the ReadyBoost service.

I went as far as to call Microsoft on this, and have an open ticket.
They mentioned that they would call me back "soon". So, if I hear any
other news, I'll post it here. Also, there was a hotfix that dealt
with USB support and the NV4 based motherboards, tried that and it
didn't fix it.

So far the common denominator seems to be Vista 64....

Dave

ReadyBoost Roedy Green Java 12 06-02-2009 07:25 PM
obtain element name, or attribute and value of the document name itself, and some elemnts and attributes from an ancestor or the node itself using xquery Jeff Kish XML 4 10-30-2008 05:47 PM
Should ReadyBoost drive be indexed? Sam Steinhauser Windows 64bit 3 03-22-2008 11:50 PM
Make ReadyBoost 8gb? Sam Steinhauser Windows 64bit 16 03-14-2008 07:58 PM
Brower close itself, probably due to java problem. Please help iiiiiieeeeee Java 4 03-12-2007 06:56 PM

Advertisments