Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > How to upgrade trial version to non-trial version w/o formatting

How to upgrade trial version to non-trial version w/o formatting

=?Utf-8?B?WFB4NjQ=?=

I need to know how to upgrade my xp x64 trial edition to the non-trial
version without having to reformat or reinstall. Is there a web page I
should see or somthing? Ive already searched for the answer to this question
and everything I see says that I can do this but noone tells me how. Also
how much does it cost to do this?

Dennis Pack

XPx64:
The first step is to purchase Windows XP x64 OEM. If the trial
version hasn't expired, with the system running put the CD into the drive,
perform an in place upgrade using the new PK. If the trial version has
expired boot from the CD and perform a system repair installation using the
new PK. Have a great day.

--
Dennis Pack
XP x64, Vista Enterprise x64
"XPx64" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I need to know how to upgrade my xp x64 trial edition to the non-trial
> version without having to reformat or reinstall. Is there a web page I
> should see or somthing? Ive already searched for the answer to this
> question
> and everything I see says that I can do this but noone tells me how. Also
> how much does it cost to do this?

Charlie Russel - MVP

See my blog on how to do this.
http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64/arc.../05/99480.aspx and