Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > internet access blocked

internet access blocked

RR

I am using Firefox web browser with Windows XP64 to view mapquest.com,
but after a minute or two of pushing the map around web access is
completely non functional. Internet explorer is also non functional. I
have already asked my ISP about this. They had me change or enable my
activex and reboot my computer and router but abviousely it has not
helped. If I reboot my computer and router and wait a while I am able to
get back to normal operation.

What is mapquest doing that messes my system up?

Tony Sperling

I doubt it that it messes with your system as such - it may be Java or
dotNet dependent, check your installed versions and check the Site for
installation dependencies!

dotNet frameworks is about to be released in it's third version - you
probably should have v. 2.0 anyway.

Tony. . .

news:(E-Mail Removed). ..

Tony Sperling wrote:
> I doubt it that it messes with your system as such - it may be Java or
> dotNet dependent, check your installed versions and check the Site for
> installation dependencies!
>
> dotNet frameworks is about to be released in it's third version - you
> probably should have v. 2.0 anyway.
>

> Tony. . .
>

> "RR" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
>> I am using Firefox web browser with Windows XP64 to view mapquest.com,
>> but after a minute or two of pushing the map around web access is
>> completely non functional. Internet explorer is also non functional. I
>> have already asked my ISP about this. They had me change or enable my
>> activex and reboot my computer and router but abviousely it has not
>> helped. If I reboot my computer and router and wait a while I am able to
>> get back to normal operation.
>>
>> What is mapquest doing that messes my system up?

how do I check and where would I get frameworks?

Tony Sperling

Java:

http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp

it's JRE6 you want. At some point after Download/Install, I don't remember
which - you are offered an option to check for your successful installation,
use it - it then installs itself in your Programs Start Menu.

dotNet:

Check both sites regularly ( every once in a quarter? ) for new versions.

Tony Sperling wrote:
> Java:
>
> http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp
>
> it's JRE6 you want. At some point after Download/Install, I don't remember
> which - you are offered an option to check for your successful installation,
> use it - it then installs itself in your Programs Start Menu.
>
> dotNet:

> Check both sites regularly ( every once in a quarter? ) for new versions.
>

> Tony. . .

would doing the Windows updates do the same thing ?

Aaron Kelley

Windows Update will get you the .NET Framework (it's an optional update) but
not the Java Runtime Environment.

- Aaron

"RR" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
> Tony Sperling wrote:
>> Java:
>>
>> http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp
>>
>> it's JRE6 you want. At some point after Download/Install, I don't
>> remember
>> which - you are offered an option to check for your successful
>> installation,
>> use it - it then installs itself in your Programs Start Menu.
>>
>> dotNet:

>> Check both sites regularly ( every once in a quarter? ) for new versions.
>>

>> Tony. . .

> would doing the Windows updates do the same thing ?

Dshai

For the Java Runtime Enviroment go to http://java.com/en/ and click on
Download Now.

--

Dshai

Life is only limited by those living it...

news:(E-Mail Removed)...