Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Change order in which things load at start -up

Change order in which things load at start -up

Kue2

How do you change order in which things load at start -up? My internet
connection is now loading last. I would like it to load first.
anyone???

Jane C

In Vista? It takes a while for the network icon to show as connected in the
tray, but your net connection will be working well before it decides to say
it is connected. I get online after bootup even though the icon has a red X
over it!!

--
Jane, not plain 64 bit enabled
"Kue2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> How do you change order in which things load at start -up? My internet
> connection is now loading last. I would like it to load first.
> anyone???

Dshai

This one interests me, I too have the connection late in startup, and it
truly is late, the only reason I know is my Gmail notifyer (don't laugh) and
my instant messengers won't connect, there's no access for them to do so
untill the icon for the network shows and shows connection. I'd wrote it off
to just how it had to be, I'd be interested to know a method for fixing the
problem though.

--

Dshai

Life is only limited by those living it...

"Jane C" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In Vista? It takes a while for the network icon to show as connected in
> the tray, but your net connection will be working well before it decides
> to say it is connected. I get online after bootup even though the icon
> has a red X over it!!
>
> --
> Jane, not plain 64 bit enabled
> Batteries not included. Braincell on vacation
> "Kue2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> How do you change order in which things load at start -up? My internet
>> connection is now loading last. I would like it to load first.
>> anyone???

John Barnes

From what key does the Gmail notifier run? You could try putting a shortcut
to it in the startup folder, that seems to run late in the startup process.

"Dshai" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> This one interests me, I too have the connection late in startup, and it
> truly is late, the only reason I know is my Gmail notifyer (don't laugh)
> and my instant messengers won't connect, there's no access for them to do
> so untill the icon for the network shows and shows connection. I'd wrote
> it off to just how it had to be, I'd be interested to know a method for
> fixing the problem though.
>
> --
>
> Dshai
>
> Life is only limited by those living it...
>
> "Jane C" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> In Vista? It takes a while for the network icon to show as connected in
>> the tray, but your net connection will be working well before it decides
>> to say it is connected. I get online after bootup even though the icon
>> has a red X over it!!
>>
>> --
>> Jane, not plain 64 bit enabled
>> Batteries not included. Braincell on vacation
>> "Kue2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> How do you change order in which things load at start -up? My internet
>>> connection is now loading last. I would like it to load first.
>>> anyone???

John Barnes

You can also use task scheduler to have events happen only when a specified
network connection is available.

"Dshai" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> This one interests me, I too have the connection late in startup, and it
> truly is late, the only reason I know is my Gmail notifyer (don't laugh)
> and my instant messengers won't connect, there's no access for them to do
> so untill the icon for the network shows and shows connection. I'd wrote
> it off to just how it had to be, I'd be interested to know a method for
> fixing the problem though.
>
> --
>
> Dshai
>
> Life is only limited by those living it...
>
> "Jane C" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> In Vista? It takes a while for the network icon to show as connected in
>> the tray, but your net connection will be working well before it decides
>> to say it is connected. I get online after bootup even though the icon
>> has a red X over it!!
>>
>> --
>> Jane, not plain 64 bit enabled
>> Batteries not included. Braincell on vacation
>> "Kue2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> How do you change order in which things load at start -up? My internet
>>> connection is now loading last. I would like it to load first.
>>> anyone???

Kue2

Thanks Jane!
This morning my internet connection loaded 2nd. I had no programs
complaining about the internet not being connected.The order must be totally
random...................?As I didn't change anything.