Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > This mother Board..

This mother Board..

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9obg==?=

My mother board is FOXCONN 915P7MH Series. Does it support 64-bit computing?
If you use this mother board, Do you use 64-bit computing?

Tony Sperling

It would seem that this board supports a processor that can do 64bit
(EM64T - as opposed to AMD64). The processor is the defining issue so, yes -
if you install a 64bit OS, this motherboard supports 64bit. However, it does
not seem to be terribly advanced for such a job, rather moderate memory
support, I think. But no reason to believe it wouldn't do a great job as
such. I am just not familiar with the FoxConns, and I think there are much
more powerfull alternatives out there.

But then it may be important to consider that if you don't really need it,
you will not be experiencing any performance difference. If you love to
solve endless problems, then 64bit is for you - if you just need a 'puter'
that works - stay 32bit!

Tony. . .

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> My mother board is FOXCONN 915P7MH Series. Does it support 64-bit

computing?
> If you use this mother board, Do you use 64-bit computing?

Nut Cracker

I would also ensure that there are adequate XP64/Vista64 drivers for the
integrated devices before I made such a move.

- NuTs

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> It would seem that this board supports a processor that can do 64bit
> (EM64T - as opposed to AMD64). The processor is the defining issue so,
> yes -
> if you install a 64bit OS, this motherboard supports 64bit. However, it
> does
> not seem to be terribly advanced for such a job, rather moderate memory
> support, I think. But no reason to believe it wouldn't do a great job as
> such. I am just not familiar with the FoxConns, and I think there are much
> more powerfull alternatives out there.
>
> But then it may be important to consider that if you don't really need it,
> you will not be experiencing any performance difference. If you love to
> solve endless problems, then 64bit is for you - if you just need a 'puter'
> that works - stay 32bit!
>

> Tony. . .

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> My mother board is FOXCONN 915P7MH Series. Does it support 64-bit

> computing?
>> If you use this mother board, Do you use 64-bit computing?

HI STEPHANIE I WAS SO GLAD T6O TALKED TO YOUR MOTHER MOTHER'S DAY WEEK END. marie ore Computer Support 11 05-23-2006 09:02 PM
Mother Boards built in wireless Ed. Wireless Networking 3 08-03-2005 12:59 PM
OT: My mother sucks Ken Briscoe MCSE 17 01-21-2005 07:40 PM
your mother =?Utf-8?B?SnVhbmNpdG8=?= MCSE 8 12-24-2003 04:47 PM
how to access the mother class from inside a java nested class Sebastien Java 1 11-07-2003 10:21 AM

Advertisments