Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > WinXP 64 updates

Reply
Thread Tools

WinXP 64 updates

 
 
Kue2
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-14-2007
Just installed 14 new updates for Win Xp 64 all security.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
George Blasa
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-20-2009
For Feb 2009; How Large is the OS including the updates?

How much more is expected for SP3?

What is the MAX CAP for Virtual Memory?

Is there a Different File System for x64 Like NTFS64?
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Charlie Russel - MVP
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-20-2009
Don't know what the new size is.
Virtual Memory Address Space is still 16 TB. Actual supported RAM is still
128 GB.
It's the same NTFS file system. However, XP x64 supports GUID Partition
Table (GPT) disks for non-boot disks.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/charlie.russel

"George Blasa" <George http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> For Feb 2009; How Large is the OS including the updates?
>
> How much more is expected for SP3?
>
> What is the MAX CAP for Virtual Memory?
>
> Is there a Different File System for x64 Like NTFS64?


 
Reply With Quote
 
GB
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-21-2009
Thanks "Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:

> Don't know what the new size is.

I was wondering about the BUS slots. (sorry forgot to include it.)

> Virtual Memory Address Space is still 16 TB.
> Actual supported RAM is still 128 GB.


> It's the same NTFS file system.

However, XP x64 supports GUID Partition Table (GPT) disks for non-boot disks.

================================================== ========
> How much more GB is expected for SP3?

and the TOTAL WinXP Pro x64+SP2 = ##.# GB?

 
Reply With Quote
 
Charlie Russel - MVP
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-21-2009
As I said in my first post, I have no idea how large the current SP makes
the overall program. But honestly, with the size and price of hard disks
today, it's not exactly anything I worry about.

I have no idea what you're asking for when you say "I was wondering about
the BUS slots"? What does the operating system have to do with the BUS
slots? That's the responsibility of the motherboard manufacturer and the
BIOS maker.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/charlie.russel

"GB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks "Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:
>
>> Don't know what the new size is.

> I was wondering about the BUS slots. (sorry forgot to include it.)
>
>> Virtual Memory Address Space is still 16 TB.
>> Actual supported RAM is still 128 GB.

>
>> It's the same NTFS file system.

> However, XP x64 supports GUID Partition Table (GPT) disks for non-boot
> disks.
>
> ================================================== ========
>> How much more GB is expected for SP3?

> and the TOTAL WinXP Pro x64+SP2 = ##.# GB?
>


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Slipstreaming winxp 64 sp2 into Winxp 64 Kue2 Windows 64bit 10 03-17-2007 12:13 AM
Is 64-bit WinXP faster than 32-bit WinXP? Man-wai Chang Windows 64bit 10 04-23-2006 01:25 PM
WinXP 64 .mp3 summary change to look like WinXP 32? Manquala Windows 64bit 4 01-15-2006 04:01 AM
WinXP driver updates - TO INSTALL OR NOT??? Jimmy Dean Computer Support 5 06-05-2004 01:28 AM
WinXP CD with all updates possible? TIA roadster3043 Computer Support 1 02-27-2004 01:42 PM



Advertisments