Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > IIS 6.0 and .Net 1.1 2.0 on windows server x64

IIS 6.0 and .Net 1.1 2.0 on windows server x64

Shkedy

We are building a new server for the web and I am thinking of getting it
with the 64 bit version of windows so I can utilize the above 4GB memory
support without going enterprise.

I have several web sites, some are ASP.Net 2.0 but most are ASP.Net 1.1
I read that I can make IIS 6.0 run in 32 bit mode but does that mean all
sites are run on 32 bit mode or just 1.1 sites, how does that impact
performance?
Thanks
Sagi
--
Sagi Shkedy
http://blog.shkedy.com

Charlie Russel - MVP

Yes, you can run in 32-bit mode, but I believe it means that all your sites
will have to, though you should really ask that question over on an IIS
newsgroup - the question isn't 64bit specific so they should be able to tell
you if you can mix and match. however, just because you're running in 32-bit
mode, doesn't mean that you won't benefit from using x64 Edition server -
in fact your .NET applications will see a full 4GB of avaialble memory, as
opposed to the usual 2GB in 32-bit Windows.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

"Shkedy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> We are building a new server for the web and I am thinking of getting it
> with the 64 bit version of windows so I can utilize the above 4GB memory
> support without going enterprise.
>
> I have several web sites, some are ASP.Net 2.0 but most are ASP.Net 1.1
> I read that I can make IIS 6.0 run in 32 bit mode but does that mean all
> sites are run on 32 bit mode or just 1.1 sites, how does that impact
> performance?
> Thanks
> Sagi
> --