Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > How to use Windows Packager

How to use Windows Packager

=?Utf-8?B?bm9ueWJk?=

Hi,

I just recently descovered the program called Packager, and it looks like a
very useful program. From what I have gathered, you can use it to add an
icon to certain files. Is that correct? Because I would like to be able to
make an HTML page with an icon. Anyway, whenever I "import" something like
an HTML file, or anything for that matter, and place in an icon, and "Copy
Package", I click paste where it is supposed to go, just like it says in the
help section, it pastes "scrap.shs", and it has a shs icon. Is that what it
is supposed to do?

Any help would be MUCH appreciated.

thanks,
nonybd

Charlie Russel - MVP

I'm afraid you've stumbled into the wrong newsgroup. This newsgroup is for
discussions around issues specific to 64-bit computers and operating
systems. You're going to want to find a more appropriate newsgroup.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

"nonybd" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I just recently descovered the program called Packager, and it looks like
> very useful program. From what I have gathered, you can use it to add an
> icon to certain files. Is that correct? Because I would like to be able
> make an HTML page with an icon. Anyway, whenever I "import" something
> like
> an HTML file, or anything for that matter, and place in an icon, and "Copy
> Package", I click paste where it is supposed to go, just like it says in
> the
> help section, it pastes "scrap.shs", and it has a shs icon. Is that what
> it
> is supposed to do?
>
> Any help would be MUCH appreciated.
>
> thanks,
> nonybd

=?Utf-8?B?bm9ueWJk?=

Oh, my apologies. Would "Windows XP General" be appropriate?

nonybd

"Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:

> I'm afraid you've stumbled into the wrong newsgroup. This newsgroup is for
> discussions around issues specific to 64-bit computers and operating
> systems. You're going to want to find a more appropriate newsgroup.
>
> --
> Charlie.
> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>

> "nonybd" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi,
> >
> > I just recently descovered the program called Packager, and it looks like
> > very useful program. From what I have gathered, you can use it to add an
> > icon to certain files. Is that correct? Because I would like to be able
> > make an HTML page with an icon. Anyway, whenever I "import" something
> > like
> > an HTML file, or anything for that matter, and place in an icon, and "Copy
> > Package", I click paste where it is supposed to go, just like it says in
> > the
> > help section, it pastes "scrap.shs", and it has a shs icon. Is that what
> > it
> > is supposed to do?
> >
> > Any help would be MUCH appreciated.
> >
> > thanks,
> > nonybd

John Barnes

Probably one of the Stardock forums would be more useful
http://forums.stardock.com/

"nonybd" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Oh, my apologies. Would "Windows XP General" be appropriate?
>
> nonybd
>
> "Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:
>
>> I'm afraid you've stumbled into the wrong newsgroup. This newsgroup is
>> for
>> discussions around issues specific to 64-bit computers and operating
>> systems. You're going to want to find a more appropriate newsgroup.
>>
>> --
>> Charlie.
>> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>>

>> "nonybd" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I just recently descovered the program called Packager, and it looks
>> > like
>> > very useful program. From what I have gathered, you can use it to add
>> > an
>> > icon to certain files. Is that correct? Because I would like to be
>> > able
>> > make an HTML page with an icon. Anyway, whenever I "import" something
>> > like
>> > an HTML file, or anything for that matter, and place in an icon, and
>> > "Copy
>> > Package", I click paste where it is supposed to go, just like it says
>> > in
>> > the
>> > help section, it pastes "scrap.shs", and it has a shs icon. Is that
>> > what
>> > it
>> > is supposed to do?
>> >
>> > Any help would be MUCH appreciated.
>> >
>> > thanks,
>> > nonybd

Charlie Russel - MVP

That's a place to start. I honestly don't know a thing about the packager
application you're interested in, so can't comment on what might be more
appropriate.