Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > ODBC drivers in Windows x64 Professional Edition

ODBC drivers in Windows x64 Professional Edition

=?Utf-8?B?U2lkZQ==?=

Is there currently a way to make an ODBC connection from a 64-bit application
to Access and Excel files? My understanding is that a 64 bit ODBC driver is
required when creating 64 bit applications.

Is there an alternative to ODBC to connect a 64 bit application to Access
and Excel?

- I specifically want to target x64 machines so setting target machine to
x86 in my compiler options (in order to use the 32bit ODBC driver
equivalents) is not an option.
- I specifically do not want to go through SQL Server.

You figure there would be a way considering Windows and Office are the two
mainstays of Microsoft.

Josh Hillman

Take a look at these:

Data Access and Storage
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/data

Is ODBC the Answer?
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en...he_answer_.asp

Which data access application programming interface (API) should I
use?
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/data/aa937697.aspx

Josh