Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Microsoft Wireless Desktop workaround?

Microsoft Wireless Desktop workaround?

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

Does anybody know any workaround to the no-screen saver issue with Microsoft
Wireless products?
I have an MS Wireless Laser Desktop 6000 and my PC never activates the
screen saver because of the MS drivers.
Carlos
P.S.: Currently using latest MS drivers v6.1 for Vista x64

Dennis Pack

Carlos:
From Randor, 2/6/2007 in the Vista group. I don't know if it works
since I don't have wireless. Have a great day.

"Hi!

Last June, I installed Vista Beta and bought Microsoft USB wireless Keyboard
and Mouse 6000.
The Screen saver and Power options did not work.
The same problem with Vista RC1.
The same problem with with Vista RC2
The same problem with Vista RTM Ultimate.

But, since yesterday night, it works . . . at last!

The only thing I installed yesterday is this update coming from Windows
updates:

Microsoft - Other Hardware - HID Non-User Input Data Filter

Installation date: 2007-02-05 20:13

Installation status: Successful

Update type: Optional

Microsoft Other Hardware software update released in January, 2007

More information:
http://winqual.microsoft.com/support/?driverid=20031770

More information:
http://support.microsoft.com/select/?target=hub

And it works!!!!

Have a nice day!

P.S. At last, I see the beautiful Bubbles screen saver!

PC : ASUS P5N32-Sli Deluxe, 4 GIG, Nvidia 7900GTX"

--
Dennis Pack
XP x64, Vista Enterprise x64
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Does anybody know any workaround to the no-screen saver issue with
> Microsoft
> Wireless products?
> I have an MS Wireless Laser Desktop 6000 and my PC never activates the
> screen saver because of the MS drivers.
> Carlos
> P.S.: Currently using latest MS drivers v6.1 for Vista x64

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

Dennis:
That certainly did it!
Thanks.
Carlos

"Dennis Pack" wrote:

> Carlos:
> From Randor, 2/6/2007 in the Vista group. I don't know if it works
> since I don't have wireless. Have a great day.
>
> "Hi!
>
> Last June, I installed Vista Beta and bought Microsoft USB wireless Keyboard
> and Mouse 6000.
> The Screen saver and Power options did not work.
> The same problem with Vista RC1.
> The same problem with with Vista RC2
> The same problem with Vista RTM Ultimate.
>
> But, since yesterday night, it works . . . at last!
>
> The only thing I installed yesterday is this update coming from Windows
> updates:
>
> Microsoft - Other Hardware - HID Non-User Input Data Filter
>
> Installation date: 2007-02-05 20:13
>
> Installation status: Successful
>
> Update type: Optional
>
> Microsoft Other Hardware software update released in January, 2007
>
> More information:
> http://winqual.microsoft.com/support/?driverid=20031770
>
> More information:
> http://support.microsoft.com/select/?target=hub
>

> And it works!!!!
>
> Have a nice day!
>
> P.S. At last, I see the beautiful Bubbles screen saver!
>
> PC : ASUS P5N32-Sli Deluxe, 4 GIG, Nvidia 7900GTX"
>

> --
> Dennis Pack
> XP x64, Vista Enterprise x64
> Office2007
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Does anybody know any workaround to the no-screen saver issue with
> > Microsoft
> > Wireless products?
> > I have an MS Wireless Laser Desktop 6000 and my PC never activates the
> > screen saver because of the MS drivers.
> > Carlos
> > P.S.: Currently using latest MS drivers v6.1 for Vista x64

Dennis Pack

Carlos:
Glad that I could help.

--