Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Machine Check error

Machine Check error

RR

Machine Check Event 106 from WMIxWDM seems to always happen while
running QuickTime and apple.com movie trailers. I am running XP64.

What is the problem ?

Charlie Russel - MVP

Most machine check errors are hardware related, but in this case, I'd
suggest that it may be a result of the application.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

"RR" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
> Machine Check Event 106 from WMIxWDM seems to always happen while running
> QuickTime and apple.com movie trailers. I am running XP64.
>
> What is the problem ?

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

RR:
Try reading this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/889249/en-us
Or...
What program are you using for playing quicktime movie trailers?
If it is Apple's Quicktime, try uninstalling it and download the freeware
Quicktime Alternative, which also includes a player ("Media Player Clasic").
This 13 megs download will give you de decoder and the player necessary for
viewing (and listening) quicktime movies.
http://www.free-codecs.com/download/...lternative.htm

Carlos
"RR" wrote:

> Machine Check Event 106 from WMIxWDM seems to always happen while
> running QuickTime and apple.com movie trailers. I am running XP64.
>
> What is the problem ?

RR

Charlie Russel - MVP wrote:
> Most machine check errors are hardware related, but in this case, I'd
> suggest that it may be a result of the application.

It seems that someone from the Quicktime forums mentioned that Quicktime
is not supported for 64bit operating systems.