Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Logitech has a new update out for quickcams

Logitech has a new update out for quickcams

Kue2

Logitech has a new update out for quickcams

http://www.logitech.com/

Richard Urban

That update is from 12/24/2006. Nothing later that I can see.

--

Regards,

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

Quote from George Ankner:

"Kue2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Logitech has a new update out for quickcams
>
> http://www.logitech.com/

R. McCarty

Not sure about QuickCams, but they did release SetPoint 3.3 for
their Mice/Keyboards. Installed earlier and thus far no issues with
it.

"Richard Urban" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ua$(E-Mail Removed)...
> That update is from 12/24/2006. Nothing later that I can see.
>
> --
>

> Regards,
>
> Richard Urban
> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> Quote from George Ankner:
>

> "Kue2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Logitech has a new update out for quickcams
>>
>> http://www.logitech.com/

Mickey Segal

"R. McCarty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Not sure about QuickCams, but they did release SetPoint 3.3 for
> their Mice/Keyboards. Installed earlier and thus far no issues with
> it.

When I checked automatically for Logitech QuickCam Pro 5000 software updates
after upgrading from XP to Vista I was told there were no updates. However,
the version I had was 10.0.0.1439, and when I checked for updates on a
Windows XP computer it updated 10.4.0.1401 to 10.5.0.1096. I then checked
the Logitech site and it offered me a version for Vista, which installed
after some rough spots and says it is version 10.5.0.1096.

I don't know how new 10.5.0.1096 is, though it has a 2006 copyright.
However, it seems that something was wrong with updating the drivers
automatically, so don't just trust the "Check now" button.

BTW, the Check Now button is on a popup that appears only if you click the
tiny question box on each QuickCam utility screen. It is very easy to miss
this, particularly since they devote big buttons on the main utility bar for
trivial uses such as "Control Privacy Shade".

thecreator

Hi Richard,

It depends on your Logitech QuickCam Camera Model, whether it has
drivers for Vista or not.

--
thecreator

"Richard Urban" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ua$(E-Mail Removed)...
> That update is from 12/24/2006. Nothing later that I can see.
>
> --
>

> Regards,
>
> Richard Urban
> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User