Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Windows Explorer crashes

Windows Explorer crashes

=?Utf-8?B?RXJpbg==?=

I have had this problem ever since I got this laptop. Everytime I try to open
certain folders with Windows Explorer, it crashes. I can open these same
files with my desktop with no problem. The error message says "windows
explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close, we are sorry for the
inconvenience". The error signature is "AppName: explorer.exe AppVer:
6.0.2900.2180 ModName: ntdll.dll ModVer: 5.1.2600.2180 Offset: 0003215b".

I am not sure why this happens, but it is really annoying. I have heard the
best solution is to reinstall Windows XP, but this is my last resort. I am
running Windows XP with Service Pack 2 Version 5.1 (Build
2600.xpsp.050622-1524:Service Pack 2).

Any suggestions on how to repair tis problem?

Charlie Russel - MVP

I'm sorry, but you appear to have stumbled in to the wrong newsgroup. This
is the 64bit newsgroup, where we are focused on issues specific to the
various 64-bit Windows versions. From your post, I suspect you probably
wanted an XP specific newsgroup, probably
microsoft.public.windowsxp.general.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

"Erin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have had this problem ever since I got this laptop. Everytime I try to
>open
> certain folders with Windows Explorer, it crashes. I can open these same
> files with my desktop with no problem. The error message says "windows
> explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close, we are sorry for
> the
> inconvenience". The error signature is "AppName: explorer.exe AppVer:
> 6.0.2900.2180 ModName: ntdll.dll ModVer: 5.1.2600.2180 Offset: 0003215b".
>
> I am not sure why this happens, but it is really annoying. I have heard
> the
> best solution is to reinstall Windows XP, but this is my last resort. I am
> running Windows XP with Service Pack 2 Version 5.1 (Build
> 2600.xpsp.050622-1524:Service Pack 2).
>
> Any suggestions on how to repair tis problem?

=?Utf-8?B?RXJpbg==?=

thank you, I have posted it in the correct place now....