Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Adobe Acrobat 8.0 Pro? Has Anyone installed this under Vista 64 bit?

Adobe Acrobat 8.0 Pro? Has Anyone installed this under Vista 64 bit?

Agent86

I had a tough time rembering where the AdobePDF.dll files lived, but
now the installer seems to be hung up trying to install the pdf
printer.

Hope some one knows something

Paul

Dennis Pack

Agent86:
When you get the search box for "AdobePDF.dll", click browse, (the
i386 folder is shown), hit the back button 1 time, select the amd folder and
the AdobePDF.dll file.

--
Dennis Pack
XP x64, Vista Enterprise x64
"Agent86" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I had a tough time rembering where the AdobePDF.dll files lived, but
> now the installer seems to be hung up trying to install the pdf
> printer.
>
> Hope some one knows something
>
> Paul

Agent86

Re ran the setup and all went well, pdf printer installed as well
paul

On Sun, 04 Feb 2007 21:01:12 -0600, Agent86 <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I had a tough time rembering where the AdobePDF.dll files lived, but
>now the installer seems to be hung up trying to install the pdf
>printer.
>
>Hope some one knows something
>
>Paul

infowarsdotcom

Thanks for this, worked like a charm on my x64 vista installation. Foun
this on a google search. Thanks so much

--
infowarsdotco
infowarsdotcom's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/infowarsdotcom.ht

http://forums.techarena.i

veruschkan

Thanks so much! Worked like a charm for me as well...thank goodnes
some fixes are easy.:-

--
veruschka
veruschkan's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/103690.ht
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-x...tion/674680.ht

http://forums.techarena.i

jeffHaims

Dennis,
Thanks! This info was really helpfull and worked as you said it would.
...Appreciate you taking the time to post this for the rest of us.
just upgraded to Win 7 64Bit and it worked as your solution for Vist
written below.
BR
Jeff

jeffHaims's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/210971.ht
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-x...tion/674680.ht

http://forums.techarena.i

sethfromsd sethfromsd is offline
Junior Member

I was so frustrated with this issue that I am taking the time to register on this site just to pay forward the solution that worked for me. In addition to Dennis' solution, which by the way thank you very much Dennis... I also needed to update acrobat 8 to 8.1.

I imagine folks finding this page are having a problem reloading valid but older adobe 8 software after doing something like nuking their operating system, or buying a new computer, etc. I am running win7 x64 and needed to re-load it from scratch on an existing machine. (And by the way, if you are thinking of doing this... don't forget to de-activate your adobe license before re-activating it on the new pc.)

Well I noticed that adobe doesn't support auto-updates on this version anymore, which is just as well since they never seemed to be worth the hassle anyway. That said, the 8.1 update completely solved my issue.

So it seems the great solution submitted by Dennis will work for most of you guys, but just in case its not obvious... check your version update to get the final fix as needed.

The next question is where the heck to find the updates, right? For easy reference, here you go:

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloa...atform=Windows

The one I needed was:

Adobe Acrobat 8.1 Professional and Standard update - English, French, German, and Japanese 36.2MB 6/5/2007

Hope this helps someone avoid the hassle I went through resolving this basic issue, which is lame that adobe stopped supporting, since it is the main reason anyone buys their software in the first place.

Last edited by sethfromsd; 03-14-2012 at 10:59 PM.. Reason: forgot to add something relevant