Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Vista Home Premium or Business

Reply
Thread Tools

Vista Home Premium or Business

 
 
=?Utf-8?B?Q2Fyb2wgU3RlZWxl?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-01-2007
I will be getting Vista Ultimate for my main workstation, but for a computer
I use downstairs in my studio I need another version of Vista. The essential
requirement is the ability to add the computer in the studio to my SOHO
network (it will be wired not wireless). In MS's comparison chart of Vista
versions, the Business version has checkmarks against networking whereas the
Home Premium version doesn't. However the Home Premium version is quite a
bit cheaper.

So the question is, will I experience any problems using the Home Premium
version on my network.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Theo
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-01-2007
Vista Home Premium cannot join a network Domain, just as XP
Home and MCE cannot join a domain (without some tweaking),
but you can be a member of a Workgroup. Most SOHO networks
are not set up on a dedicated server and usually are part of
a Workgroup.


Carol Steele wrote:
> I will be getting Vista Ultimate for my main workstation, but for a computer
> I use downstairs in my studio I need another version of Vista. The essential
> requirement is the ability to add the computer in the studio to my SOHO
> network (it will be wired not wireless). In MS's comparison chart of Vista
> versions, the Business version has checkmarks against networking whereas the
> Home Premium version doesn't. However the Home Premium version is quite a
> bit cheaper.
>
> So the question is, will I experience any problems using the Home Premium
> version on my network.

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
=?Utf-8?B?VGlhZ28=?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-01-2007
could you tell me what tweaks are these? i've got one MCE that would work
better if i could join it on my server domain

"Theo" wrote:

> Vista Home Premium cannot join a network Domain, just as XP
> Home and MCE cannot join a domain (without some tweaking),
> but you can be a member of a Workgroup. Most SOHO networks
> are not set up on a dedicated server and usually are part of
> a Workgroup.
>
>
> Carol Steele wrote:
> > I will be getting Vista Ultimate for my main workstation, but for a computer
> > I use downstairs in my studio I need another version of Vista. The essential
> > requirement is the ability to add the computer in the studio to my SOHO
> > network (it will be wired not wireless). In MS's comparison chart of Vista
> > versions, the Business version has checkmarks against networking whereas the
> > Home Premium version doesn't. However the Home Premium version is quite a
> > bit cheaper.
> >
> > So the question is, will I experience any problems using the Home Premium
> > version on my network.

>

 
Reply With Quote
 
Theo
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-01-2007
I don't think I kept any of the references. I ran across a
post a few months ago and when I looked into it I decided it
was too much of a gamble. You can find links by Googling
for 'join domain mce' without the quote marks. I don't have
a MCE boot disc either with the laptop that has MCE. The
laptop is a company owned laptop.

Tiago wrote:
> could you tell me what tweaks are these? i've got one MCE that would work
> better if i could join it on my server domain
>
> "Theo" wrote:
>
>> Vista Home Premium cannot join a network Domain, just as XP
>> Home and MCE cannot join a domain (without some tweaking),
>> but you can be a member of a Workgroup. Most SOHO networks
>> are not set up on a dedicated server and usually are part of
>> a Workgroup.
>>
>>
>> Carol Steele wrote:
>>> I will be getting Vista Ultimate for my main workstation, but for a computer
>>> I use downstairs in my studio I need another version of Vista. The essential
>>> requirement is the ability to add the computer in the studio to my SOHO
>>> network (it will be wired not wireless). In MS's comparison chart of Vista
>>> versions, the Business version has checkmarks against networking whereas the
>>> Home Premium version doesn't. However the Home Premium version is quite a
>>> bit cheaper.
>>>
>>> So the question is, will I experience any problems using the Home Premium
>>> version on my network.

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Selling Routes Lebanon Premium CLI and Pakistan Premium CLI: Lubna Mahar VOIP 0 11-04-2010 12:57 PM
Office 2003 & Vista Vista Home Premium Dave Computer Support 3 04-06-2008 09:04 PM
Convert new HP 32bit Vista home premium to Vista 64bit Ultimate Chris Cowles Windows 64bit 12 02-24-2008 11:56 PM
Can't remote logon to Vista Business Premium laptop Smiley Windows 64bit 3 09-19-2007 06:10 PM
vista 32 bit home premium to 64 bit vista ultimate =?Utf-8?B?Z2VuZQ==?= Windows 64bit 2 03-10-2007 12:42 AM



Advertisments