Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > A bit stumped here. Vista (64) NForce4 SLI mobo chipset drivers, where?

A bit stumped here. Vista (64) NForce4 SLI mobo chipset drivers, where?

McG.

Looking all through nVidias site, the best I've come up with is a .inf
chipset driver in the Beta section for RC1 dated September. Is this
what everyone with NForce4 SLI boards are using for Vista x64?
McG.

Tony Sperling

I didn't re-install my Vista with the new machine, so cannot say - but it
seems you are right, only released Vista nForce drivers I can see are for
NF3.

Perhaps you should check with your MB site? But my experience with nVidias
Beta drivers are rather good, I should say!

Tony. . .

"McG." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Looking all through nVidias site, the best I've come up with is a .inf
> chipset driver in the Beta section for RC1 dated September. Is this
> what everyone with NForce4 SLI boards are using for Vista x64?
> McG.

McG.

Same here with their beta drivers Tony. I just thought this one was
really weird, as nVidia does have Vista x64 GeForce drivers. They do
not have a 64 bit WDM VIVO driver though, anywhere Nor do eVGA which
brand my vid cards are. Grrr. I'll check Gigabytes site for my mobo.
Thanks.
McG.

news:OBH$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I didn't re-install my Vista with the new machine, so cannot say - but
>it
> seems you are right, only released Vista nForce drivers I can see are
> for
> NF3.
>
> Perhaps you should check with your MB site? But my experience with
> nVidias
> Beta drivers are rather good, I should say!
>

> Tony. . .
>

> "McG." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Looking all through nVidias site, the best I've come up with is a
>> .inf
>> chipset driver in the Beta section for RC1 dated September. Is this
>> what everyone with NForce4 SLI boards are using for Vista x64?
>> McG.

Tony Sperling

As NF3 is out, my guess is that most of the rest are - more or less - all on
the door-step! I think that over-all nVidia has been quite speedy with their
'fringe' support, as for the VIVO 'thing', I have not the dimmest shape
appearing in my crystal bowl - the concept is completely unknown here in
Scandinavia. Your manufacturer will be writing their drivers based on the
'Reference drivers from nVidia. A wild guess is that someone will be having
VIVO support, and nVidia (+other's) should be seeing that as competition and
get active in ****ing off their territory?

Tony. . .

"McG." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Same here with their beta drivers Tony. I just thought this one was
> really weird, as nVidia does have Vista x64 GeForce drivers. They do
> not have a 64 bit WDM VIVO driver though, anywhere Nor do eVGA which
> brand my vid cards are. Grrr. I'll check Gigabytes site for my mobo.
> Thanks.
> McG.

> news:OBH$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I didn't re-install my Vista with the new machine, so cannot say - but
> >it
> > seems you are right, only released Vista nForce drivers I can see are
> > for
> > NF3.
> >
> > Perhaps you should check with your MB site? But my experience with
> > nVidias
> > Beta drivers are rather good, I should say!
> >

> > Tony. . .
> >

> > "McG." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> Looking all through nVidias site, the best I've come up with is a
> >> .inf
> >> chipset driver in the Beta section for RC1 dated September. Is this
> >> what everyone with NForce4 SLI boards are using for Vista x64?
> >> McG.

McG.

Basically, nForce3 (AMD) is non SLI. Seems Vista drivers are having
troubles with SLI at the moment. Vista is launched, but hardware
support seems about where XP x64 was a year and a half ago. From where
I'm looking for things, that is. nVidia has VIVO WDM drivers for 32
bit. eVGA has reference drivers and are a little behind nVidias site.
Perhaps hardware support will accelerate, being as Vista is the new
mainstream OS. The Big Hitter

The new 8800 series don't seem to have VIVO ports. "they" skated by on
that vivo one, they did.
With a new series GPU out, and a completely different reference board,
don't expect backward support.
McG.

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> As NF3 is out, my guess is that most of the rest are - more or less -
> all on
> the door-step! I think that over-all nVidia has been quite speedy with
> their
> 'fringe' support, as for the VIVO 'thing', I have not the dimmest
> shape
> appearing in my crystal bowl - the concept is completely unknown here
> in
> Scandinavia. Your manufacturer will be writing their drivers based on
> the
> 'Reference drivers from nVidia. A wild guess is that someone will be
> having
> VIVO support, and nVidia (+other's) should be seeing that as
> competition and
> get active in ****ing off their territory?
>

> Tony. . .
>

> "McG." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Same here with their beta drivers Tony. I just thought this one was
>> really weird, as nVidia does have Vista x64 GeForce drivers. They do
>> not have a 64 bit WDM VIVO driver though, anywhere Nor do eVGA
>> which
>> brand my vid cards are. Grrr. I'll check Gigabytes site for my
>> mobo.
>> Thanks.
>> McG.
>>
>> "Tony Sperling" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:OBH$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >I didn't re-install my Vista with the new machine, so cannot say -
>> >but
>> >it
>> > seems you are right, only released Vista nForce drivers I can see
>> > are
>> > for
>> > NF3.
>> >
>> > Perhaps you should check with your MB site? But my experience with
>> > nVidias
>> > Beta drivers are rather good, I should say!
>> >

>> > Tony. . .
>> >

>> > "McG." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

McG:
Vista x64 has its own drivers for NForce4 SLI motherboards (including RAID).
SLI support is up to the graphic card driver, which is now only available
for the 8800 series.
So, you will not need motherboard chipset specific drivers for installing
Vista x64 (as of rc2).
Carlos

"McG." wrote:

> Looking all through nVidias site, the best I've come up with is a .inf
> chipset driver in the Beta section for RC1 dated September. Is this
> what everyone with NForce4 SLI boards are using for Vista x64?
> McG.

McG.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> McG:
> Vista x64 has its own drivers for NForce4 SLI motherboards (including
> RAID).
> SLI support is up to the graphic card driver, which is now only
> available
> for the 8800 series.
> So, you will not need motherboard chipset specific drivers for
> installing
> Vista x64 (as of rc2).
> Carlos
>
> "McG." wrote:
>
>> Looking all through nVidias site, the best I've come up with is a
>> .inf
>> chipset driver in the Beta section for RC1 dated September. Is this
>> what everyone with NForce4 SLI boards are using for Vista x64?
>> McG.

Wow, cool! Thanks
McG.