Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > NVidia NTune 5.05.25.00 for x64 released

NVidia NTune 5.05.25.00 for x64 released

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

NTune now supports both XP and Vista x64!
"NVIDIA® nTune is the ultimate utility for accessing, monitoring, and
adjusting your system components, including temperature and voltages with
clear, user-friendly control panels. Overclock your system for highest
performance or underclock it for near silent operation. All changes are
performed within the Microsoft® Windows® interface – enabling full
functionality without the need to make changes in the BIOS and reboot your
system."
Primary download site:
http://www.nvidia.com/content/licens...ernational.exe

Carlos

chinga69

maybe just me but it wont run under vista 64
it installs in the x86 folder and when i run nvidia monitor get buffe
overrun detecte

ntune cant find a file nvcpu

--
chinga6

cheers chinga6
chinga69's Profile: http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/member.php?u=32
View this thread: http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6848

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

Chinga69:
That's weird.
In their download page (http://www.nvidia.com/object/ntune_5.05.25.00.html)
they clearly state:
"Supported OSes: Windows XP (32-bit),
Windows XP x64 Edition
Windows Vista (32-bit)
Windows Vista x64 Edition"
I have noticed that some applications that are x64 compatible install 64 bit
drivers but its programs go to the Program Files (x86) folder.
An example of that are the Soundblaster drivers+programs.
Maybe this is the case also, but somehow something is wrong.
Did you try rebooting (I know it is a silly question)?
Carlos

"chinga69" wrote:

> maybe just me but it wont run under vista 64
> it installs in the x86 folder and when i run nvidia monitor get buffer
> overrun detected
>
> ntune cant find a file nvcpui
>

> --
> chinga69
>
> cheers chinga69
> chinga69's Profile: http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/member.php?u=324
> View this thread: http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=68482

chinga69

yes i have tried rebooting and reinstalling same error messages every
time yes something wrong only thing it might be is im running in test
mode but i would have thought it would be more compatible running in
test mode

--
chinga69

cheers chinga69
chinga69's Profile: http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/member.php?u=324
View this thread: http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=68482

jabloomf1230

You can make it work under Vista x64. The installation package is
muddled up between "c:\windows\system32" and "c:\windows\sysWOW64". Look
where nTune is installed and look where the missing file is located.
Then create a shortcut on your desktop to have nTune "start in" the
folder where the missing file is located.

chinga69 wrote:
> maybe just me but it wont run under vista 64
> it installs in the x86 folder and when i run nvidia monitor get buffer
> overrun detected
>
> ntune cant find a file nvcpui

chinga69

got ntune to run a couple of times now when i start it my screen jus
flashes dark then comes back until i kill it in task manager
still get buffer overrun with nvmonitor.
might wipe the system tomorrow and start from scratc

--
chinga6

cheers chinga6
chinga69's Profile: http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/member.php?u=32
View this thread: http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6848

chinga69

reloaded vista and installed ntune again still get buffer overrun have
to wait for next release