Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > How do You stop Vista from Blocking unsigned drivers

How do You stop Vista from Blocking unsigned drivers

Kue2

How do You stop Vista from Blocking unsigned drivers? I want to beta test a
program & Vista keeps blocking the unsigned drivers.

Colin Barnhorst

F8 during starup and select the option to turn off the unsigned driver
check. This is not a persistent setting from one reboot to the next.

"Kue2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> How do You stop Vista from Blocking unsigned drivers? I want to beta test
> a program & Vista keeps blocking the unsigned drivers.

Kue2

Thanks Colin ! that works great!

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> F8 during starup and select the option to turn off the unsigned driver
> check. This is not a persistent setting from one reboot to the next.
>
> "Kue2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> How do You stop Vista from Blocking unsigned drivers? I want to beta test
>> a program & Vista keeps blocking the unsigned drivers.

Colin Barnhorst

You're welcome.

"Kue2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks Colin ! that works great!
>
> "Colin Barnhorst" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> F8 during starup and select the option to turn off the unsigned driver
>> check. This is not a persistent setting from one reboot to the next.
>>
>> "Kue2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> How do You stop Vista from Blocking unsigned drivers? I want to beta
>>> test a program & Vista keeps blocking the unsigned drivers.

chinga69

if you want to be able to use the driver all the time without having to
use f8 on every reboot

run this command at an elevated command prompt

Bcdedit.exe /set TESTSIGNING ON

you should get operation completed successfully
no need for f8 any more

--
chinga69

cheers chinga69
chinga69's Profile: http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/member.php?u=324
View this thread: http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=67507

Kue2

Thank-you!!

"chinga69" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> if you want to be able to use the driver all the time without having to
> use f8 on every reboot
>
> run this command at an elevated command prompt
>
> Bcdedit.exe /set TESTSIGNING ON
>

> you should get operation completed successfully
> no need for f8 any more
>

> --
> chinga69
>
> cheers chinga69
> chinga69's Profile: http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/member.php?u=324
> View this thread: http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=67507

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

Chinga69:
YOU ARE GOD!
You achieved what everybody else said was impossible.
Now I can use my Soundblaster 24bit unsigned drivers without having to hit
F8 on every reboot!
Carlos
P.S.: Are you by chance the same chinga69 that was one week ago in the Avast
Antivirus forum?

"chinga69" wrote:

> if you want to be able to use the driver all the time without having to
> use f8 on every reboot
>
> run this command at an elevated command prompt
>
> Bcdedit.exe /set TESTSIGNING ON
>

> you should get operation completed successfully
> no need for f8 any more
>

> --
> chinga69
>
> cheers chinga69
> chinga69's Profile: http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/member.php?u=324
> View this thread: http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=67507

Jane C

Nice indeed Thanks.

--
Jane, not plain 64 bit enabled
"chinga69" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> if you want to be able to use the driver all the time without having to
> use f8 on every reboot
>
> run this command at an elevated command prompt
>
> Bcdedit.exe /set TESTSIGNING ON
>

> you should get operation completed successfully
> no need for f8 any more
>

> --
> chinga69
>
> cheers chinga69
> chinga69's Profile: http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/member.php?u=324
> View this thread: http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=67507

Aaron Kelley

Just curious, which drivers are you using for you SB 24?
I tried the (unsigned) Beta 2 ones from Creative with mine and got horrible,
hissy sound. I've been using the (signed) XP x64 ones which work fine.

- Aaron

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Chinga69:
> YOU ARE GOD!
> You achieved what everybody else said was impossible.
> Now I can use my Soundblaster 24bit unsigned drivers without having to hit
> F8 on every reboot!
> Carlos
> P.S.: Are you by chance the same chinga69 that was one week ago in the
> Avast
> Antivirus forum?
>
> "chinga69" wrote:
>

>> if you want to be able to use the driver all the time without having to
>> use f8 on every reboot
>>
>> run this command at an elevated command prompt
>>
>> Bcdedit.exe /set TESTSIGNING ON
>>

>> you should get operation completed successfully
>> no need for f8 any more
>>

>> --
>> chinga69
>>
>> cheers chinga69
>> chinga69's Profile: http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/member.php?u=324
>> View this thread:
>> http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=67507

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

Aaron:
I am using those old ones, dated Nov 21, 2005.
Only two channel sound, not horrible, not hissy.
Are you using the XP x64 ones dated Aug 1, 2005?
How did you install them (exe, inf, etc.)?
Are you getting 5.1 sound?
Carlos