Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Vista64: Premium vs Ultimate

Vista64: Premium vs Ultimate

DP

I want 64-bit Vista.
There is Ultimate, the top of the line, which retails for about $250 as an
upgrade.
Then the next below that is Premium, right? Which I think is about $100
less.

Question: What features do I lose if I choose Premium instead of Ultimate?

Jane C

If you go for Home Premium, then there is no BitLocker, no ability to join a
Domain, no gpedit.msc, no secpol.msc. No Ultimate Extras. No Complete PC
Backup and Restore.

--
Jane, not plain 64 bit enabled
"DP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> I want 64-bit Vista.
> There is Ultimate, the top of the line, which retails for about $250 as an
> upgrade.
> Then the next below that is Premium, right? Which I think is about $100
> less.
>
> Question: What features do I lose if I choose Premium instead of Ultimate?

Theo

See the chart at:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvist...s/default.mspx

DP wrote:
> I want 64-bit Vista.
> There is Ultimate, the top of the line, which retails for about $250 as an
> upgrade.
> Then the next below that is Premium, right? Which I think is about $100
> less.
>
> Question: What features do I lose if I choose Premium instead of Ultimate?

Colin Barnhorst

Without knowing what kinds of things you do with your computer, no one can
say if Vista Home Premium or Vista Ultimate is the better choice. If you
are going to buy on price then Vista Home Basic is the least expensive.

"DP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> I want 64-bit Vista.
> There is Ultimate, the top of the line, which retails for about $250 as an
> upgrade.
> Then the next below that is Premium, right? Which I think is about $100
> less.
>
> Question: What features do I lose if I choose Premium instead of Ultimate?

DP

Thanks, Colin. But my question was not which version is right for me. It
was, what does Ultimate have that Premium doesn't.
I think Jane has answered the question, though in all honesty, I'm not sure
I know what all those features are.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...