Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > finally getting onboard

finally getting onboard

Nut Cracker

As some of you may recall, most of the 64bit stuff I work with are the
larger IA64 systems. I found a deal on a good starter package for x64 so i
jumped on it.

The rig (with some new components) will be running:

ASRock 939Dual-SATA2 motherboard
2GB of dual channel, dual bank PC3200
AMD Opteron 175@ 2.2Ghz w/2x1M L2
eVga 16x GeForce 7800GT
80GB IDE RAID1 Mirror
160GB SATA mirror

I am considering my OS choice at this point ... should i go Vista Business,
or Vista Ultimate?

Thanks for the feedback,

- NuTs

Charlie Russel - MVP

Look at the differences between Business and Ultimate and make your decision
based on that. Also, if you go with business, you can do a simple, online,
upgrade at any point.

Business: No NFS, no SUA, no BitLocker, no MCE stuff. No ultimate extras.
Probably others I've forgotten.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

"Nut Cracker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> As some of you may recall, most of the 64bit stuff I work with are the
> larger IA64 systems. I found a deal on a good starter package for x64 so i
> jumped on it.
>
> The rig (with some new components) will be running:
>
> ASRock 939Dual-SATA2 motherboard
> 2GB of dual channel, dual bank PC3200
> AMD Opteron 175@ 2.2Ghz w/2x1M L2
> eVga 16x GeForce 7800GT
> 80GB IDE RAID1 Mirror
> 160GB SATA mirror
>
> I am considering my OS choice at this point ... should i go Vista
> Business, or Vista Ultimate?
>
> Thanks for the feedback,
>
> - NuTs

NuTCrAcKeR

with the exception of NFS and MCE (media enter crapola?) ... I dont have
that stuff now, so i wont miss it. I neither have, nor need MCE junk ... Im
an xp-pro user for like, uhm ...4 years now? hardcore business user to
support business environments.

is that a vote for Business ?

- NuTs

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Look at the differences between Business and Ultimate and make your
> decision based on that. Also, if you go with business, you can do a
> simple, online, upgrade at any point.
>
> Business: No NFS, no SUA, no BitLocker, no MCE stuff. No ultimate extras.
> Probably others I've forgotten.
>
> --
> Charlie.
> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>

> "Nut Cracker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> As some of you may recall, most of the 64bit stuff I work with are the
>> larger IA64 systems. I found a deal on a good starter package for x64 so
>> i jumped on it.
>>
>> The rig (with some new components) will be running:
>>
>> ASRock 939Dual-SATA2 motherboard
>> 2GB of dual channel, dual bank PC3200
>> AMD Opteron 175@ 2.2Ghz w/2x1M L2
>> eVga 16x GeForce 7800GT
>> 80GB IDE RAID1 Mirror
>> 160GB SATA mirror
>>
>> I am considering my OS choice at this point ... should i go Vista
>> Business, or Vista Ultimate?
>>
>> Thanks for the feedback,
>>
>> - NuTs

Charlie Russel - MVP

Depends. For me, BitLocker is worth the upgrade all in itself. (and Texas
Hold-em ain't all that bad either!)

MCE - don't need no MCE, thanks. I have my TiVo.

NFS (and SUA) - must haves. The one thing I've SERIOUSLY missed in XP x64
was no Korn Shell and no NFS.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

"NuTCrAcKeR" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%23cq5J%(E-Mail Removed)...
> with the exception of NFS and MCE (media enter crapola?) ... I dont have
> that stuff now, so i wont miss it. I neither have, nor need MCE junk ...
> Im an xp-pro user for like, uhm ...4 years now? hardcore business user to
> support business environments.
>
> is that a vote for Business ?
>
> - NuTs

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Look at the differences between Business and Ultimate and make your
>> decision based on that. Also, if you go with business, you can do a
>> simple, online, upgrade at any point.
>>
>> Business: No NFS, no SUA, no BitLocker, no MCE stuff. No ultimate extras.
>> Probably others I've forgotten.
>>
>> --
>> Charlie.
>> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>>

>> "Nut Cracker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> As some of you may recall, most of the 64bit stuff I work with are the
>>> larger IA64 systems. I found a deal on a good starter package for x64 so
>>> i jumped on it.
>>>
>>> The rig (with some new components) will be running:
>>>
>>> ASRock 939Dual-SATA2 motherboard
>>> 2GB of dual channel, dual bank PC3200
>>> AMD Opteron 175@ 2.2Ghz w/2x1M L2
>>> eVga 16x GeForce 7800GT
>>> 80GB IDE RAID1 Mirror
>>> 160GB SATA mirror
>>>
>>> I am considering my OS choice at this point ... should i go Vista
>>> Business, or Vista Ultimate?
>>>
>>> Thanks for the feedback,
>>>
>>> - NuTs

Try...Catch...Finally not firing finally? David Lozzi ASP .Net 12 05-11-2007 12:41 AM
Having trouble getting new sound card to work - had onboard sound Dora Smith Computer Information 1 11-23-2006 04:31 PM
onboard LAN Jay Computer Support 3 08-14-2003 08:22 AM
Re: Onboard Vga Adapter Prof Computer Support 2 06-22-2003 01:48 AM
Re: Onboard Vga Adapter Ulrich Roedder Computer Support 5 06-22-2003 01:07 AM

Advertisments