Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Remove entries from add remove programs in win64

Remove entries from add remove programs in win64

Kue2

How do I remove entries left after uninstall. I have 4- Nero entries that
did not get deleted. How do I remove them from the add remove programs?
I tried John Barret's edit the registry fix but could not find any reference
to nero.

Kue2

I also tried Nero general cleanup tool,that did not remove the entries
either.

"Kue2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> How do I remove entries left after uninstall. I have 4- Nero entries that
> did not get deleted. How do I remove them from the add remove programs?
> I tried John Barret's edit the registry fix but could not find any
> reference to nero.

Colin Barnhorst

Navigate to Kellys Korner. Kelly has some fixes for this.
You will have to browse the site but the fixes are there.

"Kue2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> How do I remove entries left after uninstall. I have 4- Nero entries that
> did not get deleted. How do I remove them from the add remove programs?
> I tried John Barret's edit the registry fix but could not find any
> reference to nero.

Kue2

This program did not find the 4 nero entries
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> There is a utility published by Microsoft Office group called "Windows
> Installer Cleanup Utility" or something like that ... As I understand it,
> its
> purpose is to remove certain things from a failed "cleanup", such as some
> registry keys, the entry for the program in the "add-remove" panel, etc.
>
> You can download this utility from MS, probably from the Microsoft
> download
> site, "download.microsoft.com", I believe. If you can't find it there,
> try
> going through the Office web pages.
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> --
> Tom
>

> "Kue2" wrote:
>
>> I also tried Nero general cleanup tool,that did not remove the entries
>> either.
>>
>> "Kue2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > How do I remove entries left after uninstall. I have 4- Nero entries
>> > that
>> > did not get deleted. How do I remove them from the add remove programs?
>> > I tried John Barret's edit the registry fix but could not find any
>> > reference to nero.

Kue2

Not listed on Kelly's corner

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Navigate to Kellys Korner. Kelly has some fixes for this.
> You will have to browse the site but the fixes are there.
>
> "Kue2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> How do I remove entries left after uninstall. I have 4- Nero entries that
>> did not get deleted. How do I remove them from the add remove programs?
>> I tried John Barret's edit the registry fix but could not find any
>> reference to nero.

John Barnes

Don't know for sure about Vista, but I have used thru XP
Microsoft Knowledge Base article 247501

"Kue2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Not listed on Kelly's corner
>
> "Colin Barnhorst" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Navigate to Kellys Korner. Kelly has some fixes for this.
>> You will have to browse the site but the fixes are there.
>>
>> "Kue2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> How do I remove entries left after uninstall. I have 4- Nero entries
>>> that did not get deleted. How do I remove them from the add remove
>>> programs?
>>> I tried John Barret's edit the registry fix but could not find any
>>> reference to nero.

Kue2

Hi John
followed the article instruction, Microsoft Knowledge Base article 247501. I
found no entries listed for Nero........

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Don't know for sure about Vista, but I have used thru XP
> Microsoft Knowledge Base article 247501
>

> "Kue2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Not listed on Kelly's corner
>>
>> "Colin Barnhorst" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Navigate to Kellys Korner. Kelly has some fixes for this.
>>> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm
>>> You will have to browse the site but the fixes are there.
>>>
>>> "Kue2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

John Barnes

See what you get with those instructions using regedit32 instead of
regedit

"Kue2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi John
> followed the article instruction, Microsoft Knowledge Base article 247501.
> I found no entries listed for Nero........

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Don't know for sure about Vista, but I have used thru XP
>> Microsoft Knowledge Base article 247501
>>

>> "Kue2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Not listed on Kelly's corner
>>>
>>> "Colin Barnhorst" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

John Barnes

that's regedt32 not regedit32. Sorry
"Kue2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi John
> followed the article instruction, Microsoft Knowledge Base article 247501.
> I found no entries listed for Nero........

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Don't know for sure about Vista, but I have used thru XP
>> Microsoft Knowledge Base article 247501
>>

>> "Kue2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Not listed on Kelly's corner
>>>
>>> "Colin Barnhorst" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Kue2

No luck using (regedt32) & Microsoft Knowledge Base article 247501

news:(E-Mail Removed)...