Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > 64-bit support

64-bit support

John Barnes

Last year there was the report that Microsoft would require that programs
and drivers that were to receive the Vista logo would be required to conform
to Vista64 also (programs to have at least the major functions).

I was interested in a new Microsoft offering this morning only to find the
following on the download page.

Microsoft Photo Info runs on 32-bit versions of Windows XP (with Service
Pack 2 or later) and the Windows Vista operating systems.

Guess this must not get the Vista logo. What gives Microsoft.

(

Tony Sperling

In the worst case, at least it proves the adage "You have an opinion until
you have another!".

Tony. . .

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Last year there was the report that Microsoft would require that programs
> and drivers that were to receive the Vista logo would be required to

conform
> to Vista64 also (programs to have at least the major functions).
>
> I was interested in a new Microsoft offering this morning only to find the
> following on the download page.
>
> Microsoft Photo Info runs on 32-bit versions of Windows XP (with Service
> Pack 2 or later) and the Windows Vista operating systems.
>
> Guess this must not get the Vista logo. What gives Microsoft.
>
> (

John Barnes

One more. Guess we can assume that if Microsoft won't require their own
products to work on both versions, they won't require others to either.
Another nail in 64-bit coffin.

Next Release of OneCare Won't Support Vista x64

http://www.microsoft-watch.com/conte...vista_x64.html

news:(E-Mail Removed)...