Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Burning data onto a DVD-R using a DVD-RAM drive.

Burning data onto a DVD-R using a DVD-RAM drive.

=?Utf-8?B?Y2hhcmxpZW1vcjQ3?=

This LG GSA H10A supports a multiformat of disks: DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/+RW, and
the full formats of CD.
Yet when I insert a blank DVD-R into it, windows will not recognise it.
It recognises it when there is stuff in it, but not when it is blank.
At present I am using a freeware software app called Ultimate CD-DVD Burner
and it works.
I just wondered why this was happening.
--
Golfer Charlie
Never put off till tomorrow what you can do today.

Dennis Pack

Charlie:
It could be your software application. I have a Lite-on SHM-165H6S
CD/DVD burner, DVD-R blank disks are recognized using Nero with x64 or Vista
x64 and by the Vista DVD burning software. Have a great day.

--
Dennis Pack
XP x64, Vista Enterprise x64
"charliemor47" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> This LG GSA H10A supports a multiformat of disks: DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/+RW, and
> the full formats of CD.
> Yet when I insert a blank DVD-R into it, windows will not recognise it.
> It recognises it when there is stuff in it, but not when it is blank.
> At present I am using a freeware software app called Ultimate CD-DVD
> Burner
> and it works.
> I just wondered why this was happening.
> --
> Golfer Charlie
> Never put off till tomorrow what you can do today.

=?Utf-8?B?Y2hhcmxpZW1vcjQ3?=

Dennis thanks alot.
The Ultimate CD-DVD Burner does the job required and not being a programme,
runs as a simple application.
I'll use that one in future, as it performs excellently.
The problem occurred prior to using the application.
With the Application I can drag and drop the files into a directory and it
burns at 16x.
Have a good day too Denis, and many thanks.