Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Canoscan Lide 30

Canoscan Lide 30

teh.bolt@gmail.com

Does anyone know a workaround for the Canoscan Lide 30 scanner on x64?
Canon evidently doesn't care about bringing official 64-bit drivers to
those of us too poor to have a high-end scanner. I really don't want to
have to install regular old Windows XP in order to scan, and buying a
new scanner is pretty much out of the question- my current budget just
won't allow any new purchases. I searched the normal places I'd check
for any 64-bit drivers (planetamd64, the product's website, etc.) but
no luck. Has anyone had any success with any drivers not specifically
made for this scanner? Any replies are appreciated.

Thanks!

Tony Sperling

I guess you are out of luck, unless you can identify which chip is driving
the device and then look for other scanners that use the same chip and test
your way forward with drivers for such equipment. Drivers simply has to be
64bit.

You can try a Virtual Machine, there are free downloads, then you can
install you old version of XP Home on that one and have your scanner up -
check the VM's they have overlapping functionality, if the scanner is USB
not all will function, I believe.

Tony. . .

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Does anyone know a workaround for the Canoscan Lide 30 scanner on x64?
> Canon evidently doesn't care about bringing official 64-bit drivers to
> those of us too poor to have a high-end scanner. I really don't want to
> have to install regular old Windows XP in order to scan, and buying a
> new scanner is pretty much out of the question- my current budget just
> won't allow any new purchases. I searched the normal places I'd check
> for any 64-bit drivers (planetamd64, the product's website, etc.) but
> no luck. Has anyone had any success with any drivers not specifically
> made for this scanner? Any replies are appreciated.
>
> Thanks!

John Barnes

My Canon printer, which never had an X-64 driver, has a perfect driver in
Vista64. Good luck.

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Does anyone know a workaround for the Canoscan Lide 30 scanner on x64?
> Canon evidently doesn't care about bringing official 64-bit drivers to
> those of us too poor to have a high-end scanner. I really don't want to
> have to install regular old Windows XP in order to scan, and buying a
> new scanner is pretty much out of the question- my current budget just
> won't allow any new purchases. I searched the normal places I'd check
> for any 64-bit drivers (planetamd64, the product's website, etc.) but
> no luck. Has anyone had any success with any drivers not specifically
> made for this scanner? Any replies are appreciated.
>
> Thanks!

Aaron Kelley

It's on the list of supported scanners for VueScan, which works without
requiring there be good Windows drivers installed.
http://www.hamrick.com/

- Aaron

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Does anyone know a workaround for the Canoscan Lide 30 scanner on x64?
> Canon evidently doesn't care about bringing official 64-bit drivers to
> those of us too poor to have a high-end scanner. I really don't want to
> have to install regular old Windows XP in order to scan, and buying a
> new scanner is pretty much out of the question- my current budget just
> won't allow any new purchases. I searched the normal places I'd check
> for any 64-bit drivers (planetamd64, the product's website, etc.) but
> no luck. Has anyone had any success with any drivers not specifically
> made for this scanner? Any replies are appreciated.
>
> Thanks!

hj

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Does anyone know a workaround for the Canoscan Lide 30 scanner on x64?
> Canon evidently doesn't care about bringing official 64-bit drivers to
> those of us too poor to have a high-end scanner. I really don't want to
> have to install regular old Windows XP in order to scan, and buying a
> new scanner is pretty much out of the question- my current budget just
> won't allow any new purchases. I searched the normal places I'd check
> for any 64-bit drivers (planetamd64, the product's website, etc.) but
> no luck. Has anyone had any success with any drivers not specifically
> made for this scanner? Any replies are appreciated.
>
> Thanks!

I have CanoScan 4200F scanner doing nothing. After reading this message I
downloaded CanoScan Toolbox Ver. 4.6.1.2 (Windows Vista64) with 4200F
Scanner Driver Ver. 8.6.2.0 (Windows Vista64). Installed on Windows XP x-64
and everything works fine. Thanks for giving me the idea.