Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Printer driver sharing between Vista X86 and Vista X64

Printer driver sharing between Vista X86 and Vista X64

Martijn

Dear all,

I'am trying to install a additional x64bit printerdriver on my shared
printer, which is installed on Vista X86.
This driver is a combined 32/64bit PPD XP driver with a clean INF
withouf fancy stuff. So nothing special, it's only a INF, together with
a ppd.

What happens is, when installing the additional printerdriver, at a
certain moment Vista is asking for the ntprint.inf on my x64 Windows
media.

Using a ISO image, i mounted a Windows XP x64bit cdrom and a Windows
2003 server x64 cdrom, both containing the ntprint.inf in the amd64
directory. But unfortunatelly, my Vista PC does not accept these
ntprint.inf files.
On the Vista DVD-rom, there is no ntprint.inf. and the ntprint.inf,
which is on my pc is also not accepted.

I also modified the inf to have the "CoreDriverDependencies" and the
"PackageAware=TRUE" in the INF, but got the same problem. Does anybody
recognize this and if yes, do you have a solution for this?

Regards,
Martijn

Alan Morris [MSFT]

Install Vista onto an x64 machine and share out
Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository

ntprint.inf is under the ntprint.inf_GUID

You may need to just use the x64 client machine to install the x64 driver
onto the x86 machine depending on the driver dependencies.

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...