Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Realtek audio Vista drivers

Realtek audio Vista drivers

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

Realtek has released Vista drivers for their audio chipsets embeddeed in many
popular motherboards and notebooks
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...&GetDown=false
Download link:
ftp://202.65.194.18/pc/audio/6211_Vista_APO.zip
Carlos

=?Utf-8?B?RG91ZyBBYnJhaGFtc29u?=

I tried to install the AC'97 Codecs because I am not getting any sound in
Vista and during the install, I got a message that Vista could not install
the driver. Not sure what to do next.

"Carlos" wrote:

> Realtek has released Vista drivers for their audio chipsets embeddeed in many
> popular motherboards and notebooks.
> http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...&GetDown=false
> Download link:
> ftp://202.65.194.18/pc/audio/6211_Vista_APO.zip
> Carlos

Theo

Make sure you have the correct drivers for your system.

Doug Abrahamson wrote:
> I tried to install the AC'97 Codecs because I am not getting any sound in
> Vista and during the install, I got a message that Vista could not install
> the driver. Not sure what to do next.
>
> "Carlos" wrote:
>
>> Realtek has released Vista drivers for their audio chipsets embeddeed in many
>> popular motherboards and notebooks.
>> http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...&GetDown=false
>> Download link:
>> ftp://202.65.194.18/pc/audio/6211_Vista_APO.zip
>> Carlos

neekers@gmail.com

I got the same thing. And I get a dumber error from Windows Update.
Now it says device cannot start. I'm on vista ultimate.

Doug Abrahamson wrote:
> I tried to install the AC'97 Codecs because I am not getting any sound in
> Vista and during the install, I got a message that Vista could not install
> the driver. Not sure what to do next.
>
> "Carlos" wrote:
>
> > Realtek has released Vista drivers for their audio chipsets embeddeed in many
> > popular motherboards and notebooks.
> > http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...&GetDown=false
> > Download link:
> > ftp://202.65.194.18/pc/audio/6211_Vista_APO.zip
> > Carlos

Jud Hendrix

On 21 Jan 2007 00:44:14 -0800, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>I got the same thing. And I get a dumber error from Windows Update.
>Now it says device cannot start. I'm on vista ultimate.

Did you try and download them directly?
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...tDown=false#AC

jud

John Barnes

If you had sound before Windows Update, at least you can roll back. I had
the same problem with video, after the install the video was trashed.
Rollback worked fine in my case. Seems Microsoft isn't doing that good a
job with their WHQL driver support thru Update anymore.

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ps.com...
>I got the same thing. And I get a dumber error from Windows Update.
> Now it says device cannot start. I'm on vista ultimate.
>

> Doug Abrahamson wrote:
>> I tried to install the AC'97 Codecs because I am not getting any sound in
>> Vista and during the install, I got a message that Vista could not
>> install
>> the driver. Not sure what to do next.
>>
>> "Carlos" wrote:
>>
>> > Realtek has released Vista drivers for their audio chipsets embeddeed
>> > in many
>> > popular motherboards and notebooks.
>> > http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...&GetDown=false
>> > Download link:
>> > ftp://202.65.194.18/pc/audio/6211_Vista_APO.zip
>> > Carlos

=?Utf-8?B?RGVtaQ==?=

I'm also having a problem with Realtek drivers. I have no sound, but the
drivers look good in the device manager. Any suggestions on debugging this.

"John Barnes" wrote:

> If you had sound before Windows Update, at least you can roll back. I had
> the same problem with video, after the install the video was trashed.
> Rollback worked fine in my case. Seems Microsoft isn't doing that good a
> job with their WHQL driver support thru Update anymore.
>

> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ps.com...
> >I got the same thing. And I get a dumber error from Windows Update.
> > Now it says device cannot start. I'm on vista ultimate.
> >

> > Doug Abrahamson wrote:
> >> I tried to install the AC'97 Codecs because I am not getting any sound in
> >> Vista and during the install, I got a message that Vista could not
> >> install
> >> the driver. Not sure what to do next.

John Barnes

Have you tried to roll back the drivers.

"Demi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm also having a problem with Realtek drivers. I have no sound, but the
> drivers look good in the device manager. Any suggestions on debugging
> this.
>
> "John Barnes" wrote:
>
>> If you had sound before Windows Update, at least you can roll back. I
>> had
>> the same problem with video, after the install the video was trashed.
>> Rollback worked fine in my case. Seems Microsoft isn't doing that good a
>> job with their WHQL driver support thru Update anymore.
>>

>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed) ps.com...
>> >I got the same thing. And I get a dumber error from Windows Update.
>> > Now it says device cannot start. I'm on vista ultimate.

Dshai

Not to sound out of line, but I've seen it happen, are the speakers plugged
in right and powered on?

--

Dshai

Life is only limited by those living it...

"Demi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm also having a problem with Realtek drivers. I have no sound, but the
> drivers look good in the device manager. Any suggestions on debugging
> this.
>
> "John Barnes" wrote:
>
>> If you had sound before Windows Update, at least you can roll back. I
>> had
>> the same problem with video, after the install the video was trashed.
>> Rollback worked fine in my case. Seems Microsoft isn't doing that good a
>> job with their WHQL driver support thru Update anymore.
>>

>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed) ps.com...
>> >I got the same thing. And I get a dumber error from Windows Update.
>> > Now it says device cannot start. I'm on vista ultimate.

demi

On Jan 27, 8:45 am, "Dshai" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Not to sound out of line, but I've seen it happen, are the speakers plugged
> in right and powered on?
>
> --
>
> Dshai
>
> Life is only limited by those living it...
>
> "Demi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>

> > I'm also having a problem with Realtek drivers. I have no sound, but the
> > drivers look good in the device manager. Any suggestions on debugging
> > this.

> > "John Barnes" wrote:

> >> If you had sound before Windows Update, at least you can roll back. I
> >> had
> >> the same problem with video, after the install the video was trashed.
> >> Rollback worked fine in my case. Seems Microsoft isn't doing that good a
> >> job with their WHQL driver support thru Update anymore.

> >> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >>news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...

I didn't rollback and since then I purchased a Sound Blaster Audigy SE
sound card since I noticed they had vista drivers. I uninstalled all
the realtek stuff. The SoundMax stuff wouldn't uninstall, so I
removed it (actually, I moved it somewhere else, just in case). I
then installed the SB drivers and it still doesn't work. It's a major
pain in the butt. I can't help but think there's something wrong
inside vista itself. My other symptom is that Medial player gives a
error message when trying to play a song and the little speaker in the
task tray has a red x and it says, "No audio device is installed".

BTW, checked the power and speaker wires about 10 times now. They're
ok.