Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Realtek audio Vista drivers

Realtek audio Vista drivers

John Barnes

Go into your BIOS and disable the Realtek onboard sound. The go into device
manager and find the sound card. Should be an ! If it is there, go to the
Creative site and make sure you are downloading the correct drivers for your
card and Operating System 64-bit drivers. Run the driver install program.
You should be able to get sound. You can also try installing from Device
Manager if that doesn't work.

"demi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> On Jan 27, 8:45 am, "Dshai" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Not to sound out of line, but I've seen it happen, are the speakers
>> plugged
>> in right and powered on?
>>
>> --
>>
>> Dshai
>>
>> Life is only limited by those living it...
>>
>> "Demi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>

>> > I'm also having a problem with Realtek drivers. I have no sound, but
>> > the
>> > drivers look good in the device manager. Any suggestions on debugging
>> > this.

> I didn't rollback and since then I purchased a Sound Blaster Audigy SE
> sound card since I noticed they had vista drivers. I uninstalled all
> the realtek stuff. The SoundMax stuff wouldn't uninstall, so I
> removed it (actually, I moved it somewhere else, just in case). I
> then installed the SB drivers and it still doesn't work. It's a major
> pain in the butt. I can't help but think there's something wrong
> inside vista itself. My other symptom is that Medial player gives a
> error message when trying to play a song and the little speaker in the
> task tray has a red x and it says, "No audio device is installed".
>
> BTW, checked the power and speaker wires about 10 times now. They're
> ok.

=?Utf-8?B?ZGVl?=

"unknown" wrote:before i update my realteck vista drive should i go to the
add remove papanel and remove the drive there before i download the updated
drive ?

demi

On Jan 30, 7:47 pm, "John Barnes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Go into your BIOS and disable the Realtek onboardsound. The go into device
> manager and find thesoundcard. Should be an ! If it is there, go to the
> Creative site and make sure you are downloading the correct drivers for your
> card and Operating System 64-bit drivers. Run thedriverinstall program.
> You should be able to getsound. You can also try installing from Device
> Manager if that doesn't work.
>
> "demi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>

> > On Jan 27, 8:45 am, "Dshai" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >> Not tosoundout of line, but I've seen it happen, are the speakers
> >> plugged
> >> in right and powered on?

> >> --

> >> Dshai

> >> Life is only limited by those living it...

> >> "Demi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> >>news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> > I didn't rollback and since then I purchased aSoundBlasterAudigySE
> >soundcard since I noticed they hadvistadrivers. I uninstalled all
> > the realtek stuff. The SoundMax stuff wouldn't uninstall, so I
> > removed it (actually, I moved it somewhere else, just in case). I
> > then installed the SB drivers and it still doesn't work. It's a major
> > pain in the butt. I can't help but think there's something wrong
> > insidevistaitself. My other symptom is that Medial player gives a
> > error message when trying to play a song and the little speaker in the
> > task tray has a red x and it says, "No audio device is installed".

> > BTW, checked the power and speaker wires about 10 times now. They're
> > ok.- Hide quoted text -

I had basically done that except first I removed the driver, then I
rebooted and disabled the sound on the motherboard through the bios,
the I installed the creative drivers.

Unfortunately, I think there' s something else a work here. It's my
son's machine and when we had originally set it up we were having
problems with the video card drivers. Originally, the sound from the
Realtek drivers worked, but it was scratchy. At some point during the
process of him installing stuff, because we started with with a clean
hard-drive, the sound stopped working. We're not sure when. Then we
starting fiddling with the sound drivers, then the sound card as I
mentioned above and now this is where we are.

Here's a question, in the device manager in XP under "sound, video and
game controllers" I see different "codecs". I don't see these in
Vista. Are they supposed to be there? Is this a clue?