Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > DirectX

DirectX

BSvK

Does DirectX v9.0c work with WindowsXP 64 edition ? Microsoft does not list
this OS with DirX9 and when installed is not easy to remove so any info
would be helpful.

Theo

DirectX 9.0c is included in the Win x64 OS. Run <dxdiag>
from the Run box and it will tell you the version. It's at
the bottom of the page when DxDiag opens.

BSvK wrote:
> Does DirectX v9.0c work with WindowsXP 64 edition ? Microsoft does not list
> this OS with DirX9 and when installed is not easy to remove so any info
> would be helpful.

Jim

BSvK wrote:
> Does DirectX v9.0c work with WindowsXP 64 edition ? Microsoft does not list
> this OS with DirX9 and when installed is not easy to remove so any info
> would be helpful.

Actually, DirectX 9c is *not* the latest version, although the name has
not been updated. There is an update (slipstream) *to* DirectX 9c.
You can get the latest by running the DirectX installer.

Jim

Theo

Posted at:

December 2006
The Microsoft DirectX® End-User Runtime provides updates to
9.0c and previous versions of DirectX — the core Windows®
technology that drives high-speed multimedia and games on
the PC.

The version in the RTM of Windows XP Professional x64 was,
and is, DirectX 9.0c. This was one of the subjects
discussed many times about 2 years ago. There have been
updates like those posted above. Direct X 9.0c is a couple
of years old:

Quick Details
File Name: directx_9c_redist.exe
Version: 9.0c
Date Published: 8/4/2004
Language: English
Download Size: 33.5 MB

Jim wrote:
> BSvK wrote:
>> Does DirectX v9.0c work with WindowsXP 64 edition ? Microsoft does not list
>> this OS with DirX9 and when installed is not easy to remove so any info
>> would be helpful.

> Actually, DirectX 9c is *not* the latest version, although the name has
> not been updated. There is an update (slipstream) *to* DirectX 9c.
> You can get the latest by running the DirectX installer.
>
> Jim

Embeding Directx in aspx page? =?Utf-8?B?UGlja3dpY2tCb2Iz?= ASP .Net 1 12-01-2005 09:37 AM
How do I get to the directX stuff John Grant ASP .Net 1 08-10-2004 10:47 PM
directx with vb.net tanuki ASP .Net 5 06-25-2004 05:54 AM
Directx 9.0a Instalation in VS studio .NET 2003 Joao Santa Barbara ASP .Net 1 07-11-2003 01:27 PM
DirectX install problem. -'-JesterDev-'- Computer Support 1 06-23-2003 09:27 PM

Advertisments