Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > IE7 for the World

IE7 for the World

Theo

Found at:
http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/200...the-world.aspx

IE7 for the World

Now that weve released IE7 in English, I want to update
everyone on our plans for other languages. The short version
is that we will be releasing IE7 in all languages available
for each version of Windows twenty-four fully localized
languages in total. In two to three weeks, well ship the
Arabic, Finnish, French, German, Japanese, and Spanish
language versions. The remaining languages will be released
in phases between November and January. Ive listed the set
of fully localized languages by operating system and
platform below.

In addition to these full language versions, we will release
the Multi-language User Interface (MUI) version in January,
and the fifty-five Windows XP Professional Language
Interface Pack (LIP) versions of Internet Explorer 7 after
that. You can find more information on the Windows
Multilanguage User Interface (MUI) Version and Windows XP
Professional Language Interface Pack (LIP) at
http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/r...e/muizone.mspx

Tony Chor
Group Program Manager

Computerflyer

Honestly I am not impressed that this is being proliferated. Yes, I
have a small chip on my shoulder - I seem to have an IE7 problem
unique to my system, but it (X64 32 bit) crashes as often as not when I
try to exit with multiple tabs open. I uninstalled and reinstalled to
no avail. OTOH Firefox is totally reliable.

Whether my problem is unique or not, there have been sufficient error
reports put in over the last months so IE7 should be patched by now and
able to protect itself from other vendors products, or even other
Microsoft products. That the problkem is multiple tabs open with
<something> happening should not be black magic to fix.

Computers101 SHOULD teach that an operating system's primary goal
should be to protect itself from the user. The corollary is that basic
applications should protect themselves also. Nobody at MS seems to
have ever taken such advice to heart